finally got chance to try out the HW 100 KT and the Yuon NV

Guest stevo

as per title , I bought a Yukon photon 2 weeks ago and have been gagging to get out a try it out on some bunny's , however what with one thing and another I've not had a chance to have a proper go , I have tried it out shooting ferals at night with great success , anyway went out on Monday evening for a go at some bunny's , I just got set up sitting in the passenger seat of the van , when the show started , At that point I learnt my first lesson with NV ....... Don't bother in the snow haha ,

so tonight I thought I would have another bash , so just like the other night , got set up in the van again , I was shooting along the top of a dyke / drain as the rabbits as they poked there heads up . I must say I am really impressed the whole set up , also really good fun to use , and cant wait to have another bash .

I shot 4 rabbits and 1 rat , however the rat stayed were it fell , and one rabbit rolled down into the brambles at the bottom of the drain and I could not get it for love nor money , got the other 3 though .

I had 2 bunnys at 30 yrds one at 35 and one at 45 yrds all head shot . like I said , really enjoyed using the whole set up .

https://carousel.dropbox.com/photos/cc/5hDHRN1IJebKq3o

atb stevo

Edited by stevo

the only bad points I can find so far , and I must point out im being really really picky now , battery life is pants , and as far as im aware you cant get a power pack for the XT ,

and the IR is NOT that hot to be honest , its really needs and add on , im getting a Venom strike , apart from that love it .

Edited by stevo

the only bad points I can find so far , and I must point out im being really really picky now , battery life is pants , and as far as im aware you cant get a power pack for the XT ,

and the IR is NOT that hot to be honest , its really needs and add on , im getting a Venom strike , apart from that love it .

Yes a friend uses an xt and commented the ir needed upgrading.

Still good for the money though :)

youve started now,the NV is quite addictive the savings could take a bit of a hammer :yes: ,if you add an adapter and doubler the picture quality and seeable/shootable distance improves greatly,but youll only need them if you are putting it on another rifle for longer distances

youve started now,the NV is quite addictive the savings could take a bit of a hammer :yes: ,if you add an adapter and doubler the picture quality and seeable/shootable distance improves greatly,but youll only need them if you are putting it on another rifle for longer distances

. It will spend 90 % of its time on a .22lr . And CF every blue moon if i can't get the foxes close enough . Im really not a fan of high magnification. Too much FOV loss is not worth it imo .

Like i say i have tried it with a venom strike. And was propper blown away . To tye point i would be happy identifying and taking a shot on a fox at 200 yrd and if conditions where right 250 yrds .

Atb stevo

Pc .. yeah its great fun . It took me back yrs .

Fruity ... one more thing i forgot to mention . Eye relief . Its not the best dont get me wrong its more than adequate . However it could sometimes on the odd occasion be a pain . That said for me i dont find it to be a problem . When using a traditional lamp and rifle set up the clock is ticking as soon as you turn the lamp on . With NV you have all the time in the world to get yourself sorted .

Another plus over some of the other NV on the market is scope hight . The photon XT sits very low on action which i like .

I will be getting the little recording gizmo in the near future . So i can post up some videos and o5hers can make there minds up .me ? I love it . Its a big improvement on the MĶ 1's

Atb

Edited by stevo

saw American sniper the other night, was that you body doubling Bradley Cooper? Who needs a .50 Barratt!

Round these parts they call me Carlos Bigcock .....

Oppps Sorry Carlos Hathcock ;-)

Edited by stevo