Benelli feed problem

PeaceFrog

Hi all, thought I had this sorted by using 28gr instead of 24gr but today the Benelli Centro failed to cycle 28gr three times out of probably around twenty cycles.

The gun fails to cycle when feeding another cart into the chamber, it seems that the cart gets snagged on the kind of sharp edge of the barrel. I have tried three different cart manufacturers and all three have failed to cycle, I'm a little ****** off and starting to see why people don't enjoy semi automatics :lol:

I researched this feeding problem a little and found that on other forums people were suggesting to twist the carrier a little with a screwdriver or something or to file down the sharp edge of the barrel and to be honest both these ideas sound horrible to me.

Also I should mention the gun is second hand, and apparently 17 years old going by the Italian safety mark, so could it be springs?

Is there any sort of warranty amongst second hand purchases from shops, the gun wasn't exactly cheap?

Thanks for any replies, I was hoping it just didn't like 24gr but now it looks like it doesn't like working.

Guest cookoff013

Strip it and clean lube it. Even the return spring in the stock. These benelli are tough guns.

Strip it and check anything isn't bent.

I just bought a Ben. Its running OK no jams so far.

Two Benellis and two Hatsans in my gun safe, guess which ones are coming with us tomorrow clay shooting? (clue, they start with a H),

Hbenelli? Either that or acid rain is forecast for you tomorrow, right?

Thanks for replies, I guess I'm just going to have take it back, I mentioned it to the shop the other day and I think he suggested taking it to a smith, as if it was my problem aha. I'll give it a serious OCD clean (again) and if it still plays up it's going back.

I bought a nearly new secondhand Cordoba 20 a few years ago now and that worked with Ely ct24's for a few clay sessions but then started playing up and failing to re-cycle regularly. Tried various others including RC Sipes, Eley, older Gamebores but no joy despite several strip downs.

The trouble was it was now getting on for 6 months since I'd bought it, the dealer was 2hours drive away and the suggestion to bring it in to be looked at was the right one......but weighed against a 4hour trip, made it impractical against a 20minute drive down to Ladbroke & Langton's near me.

I also spoke to the importers workshop and discovered the gun had been back into them the summer before...... Ah! So that's why the original owner had put it up for sale.

But then I tried Rio's through it......and its happy as Larry with those. Result.

And to use up the 950 odd other makes I've gained...I bought a Guerini over and under.

Cheers

Fizz

Edited by fizzbangwhallop

PeaceFrog ,they are not a gun I have a lot to do with so when one came in from a keeper from a local estate , I went to source and asked the importers and that's what I was told as a possible cause of problems . The gun had been else ware and had been supposedly cleaned and corrected .I fully stripped it gave it a proper clean replaced the spring and mag follower and as far as I know the gun is still OK as it has not come back .That's my suggestion any way tor what its worth .