What a week!

chady

1st thing

£895 unexpected tax bill!

Was £150 then £300 then £150 again now finely Bill came in £895!!

Today clutch went on car!!!

Got to try and do it my self!!

And today my wife gets made redundant. Found out today!

Where is s brick wall??? I need to bang my head against it!!

Sorry needed the rant.

I was in a similar situation the other year , car went bang in France had to spend out a shed load plus buy another motor , wife then lost her job .

Fortunately things turned round in the nick of time , just managed to get a bit saved up again and the eldest daughter decides to get married , so I am back in skintsville !

Hopefully things will soon be back on the up for you.

Thank folks yes I know I'm not the only one. It's Sod's law!

We got married in September and this month was the first month I had money in my account after my bills went out.

So thought happy days.....

Then all this.

I've had s really good life to be honest. It just all seams to come at once.

Any one know how to change a clutch lol

You sound like my mum mate. But luckily my mum worked for my dads company so she got none of the work pressure like you have.

All the best and hope you get better

Sounds like my luck and I'm in poor health last 6 years I have had a operation each year jobs been put at risk so many times but hey keep smiling don't let the ******** get you down

Edited by chady

Yep recently I had three cars go down the toilet in a week not good time if you are like me when stuff happens at the time you feel like the whole world is against you.

You are not alone and it does make you feel better once you get it out there.

I wish you all the best to you and your family at your stressful time

Thank folks yes I know I'm not the only one. It's Sod's law!

We got married in September and this month was the first month I had money in my account after my bills went out.

So thought happy days.....

Then all this.

I've had s really good life to be honest. It just all seams to come at once.

Any one know how to change a clutch lol

You sound like my mum mate. But luckily my mum worked for my dads company so she got none of the work pressure like you have.

All the best and hope you get better

Contact your local college and see if they'll allow the motor mechanic students do your clutch if you supply the parts . They're always looking for donor vehicles and get fed up of fitting and removing the same unit in the same car. If ya don't ask ya don't know. Worst they can say is no.

PM me if you want me to have a quick look at the tax for you. Don't worry, it's not an amateur view I'm offering as is sometimes seen on these threads - I'm a tax partner at one of the 'Big 4' but happy to offer a quick freebie (in my personal capacity)as it sounds like you're having a nightmare week !

Thanks SNS.

It's all sorted I spoke to the tax man.

Its from a cock up with my tax codes and company's using the wrong ones and I have not paid enough because of it

I've paid it now.

As if I owe it I owe it know point running from it!

PM me if you want me to have a quick look at the tax for you. Don't worry, it's not an amateur view I'm offering as is sometimes seen on these threads - I'm a tax partner at one of the 'Big 4' but happy to offer a quick freebie (in my personal capacity)as it sounds like you're having a nightmare week !

Contact your local college and see if they'll allow the motor mechanic students do your clutch if you supply the parts . They're always looking for donor vehicles and get fed up of fitting and removing the same unit in the same car. If ya don't ask ya don't know. Worst they can say is no.

Now considering I have just given the local collage £5300 and currently studying for my HNC in construction and the built environment that might be a possibility.

Thanks all as well.

It's my mrs I'm worried about she really upset.

But like I said to her we will get through it.

Thanks SNS.

Its from a cock up with my tax codes and company's using the wrong ones and I have not paid enough because of it

I've paid it now.

A couple of points then:

1. Are you sure HMRC have got your tax code right anyway ? They do often make mistakes......

2. You can agree with them, I think, to pay the £895 through your tax code (i.e. paying it monthly / weekly out of your salary rather than all in one go)

3. Have you claimed for all reliefs ? Perhaps you have joined a professional body as part of your studies for instance ?

No I've not joined a professional body yet I have claimed workers uniform but that's it my tax free allowence is £10600.

They have not really given me a breakdown and would not even tell me what company it was that the mess came from.

They wouldn't even confirm what company's I had worked for that were on there system.

There claiming its right.

I had a company car for a month but I'm suspecting the company told them I had it for 2 as they paid me for a month when i was let go.

Tax man put £300 benefit down for that.

So I don't even know if that's right.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks SNS.

I've paid it now.

No I've not joined a professional body yet I have claimed workers uniform but that's it my tax free allowence is £10600.

They have not really given me a breakdown and would not even tell me what company it was that the mess came from.

They wouldn't even confirm what company's I had worked for that were on there system.

There claiming its right.

I had a company car for a month but I'm suspecting the company told them I had it for 2 as they paid me for a month when i was let go.

Tax man put £300 benefit down for that.

So I don't even know if that's right.

Thanks for your help.

You have a relatively complex tax problem, so, if I were in your shoes, and I had been offered free tax advice by a Big 4 tax partner (SNS), I would be snatching his hand off.

1st thing

£895 unexpected tax bill!

Was £150 then £300 then £150 again now finely Bill came in £895!!

Today clutch went on car!!!

Got to try and do it my self!!

And today my wife gets made redundant. Found out today!

Where is s brick wall??? I need to bang my head against it!!

Sorry needed the rant.

And to make it worse we all now think you are a tax dodger 😄

Chin up

Great offer, take him up on it mate, the tax office make shed loads of mistakes !

Thanks SNS.

I've paid it now.

tell me you didnt pay it in one hit ?

yep whats the point I either pay it now. or in a year or monthly.

It's a personal thing I hate owing money.

I can't be doing with things like this hanging over me I like to pay of as much as I can And Have a bigger amount to play with every month than loads of bills coming out.

Edited by chady

I normally find alcohol useful in these situations :lol:

Hopefully this is just a blip, try and laugh it off (easier when drunk ;-)

one reason I don't drink :no: id be a alco at the moment at times like this!! the amount of people who smoke around me is unreal!!

How I have not started baffles me! :lol::sad1: