Suggestions for something different

Big Al

I currently own 2 B525s, a Browning Maxus and a zabala s/s.

I have just sold a third Browning O/U (3 was a crowd) am now wondering how to spend the proceeds. I am thinking along the lines of a "classic ish" gun, either s/s or o/u. I had been offered a quality English boxlock but think it was a bit too much at £800. It isn't mint and has 2 1/2 inch chambers. It shoulders nicely though. I have also hankered after an older Beretta 687 for a while too.

Could anyone offer any suggestions for this? I like the look of the older Winchesters too. Budget £500 to £800 as I want to buy a bigger cabinet too.

Edited by Big Al

Thanks for the replies - I am thinking along the s/s lines. I just fancy them for walked up game.

An English BLNE may be worth a go. Id stick to 12 bore though - my pocket chaos could have serious consequences!

How about a Winchester model 23 , a classic SxS but has a raised rib and shoots more like a O/U

How about a Winchester model 23 , a classic SxS but has a raised rib and shoots more like a O/U

Winchester 23 are a very good gun.However if you look at any check there is no movement on the action when the forend is removed.There is very little adjustment in them even when new.If you have movement you could pay around £200 to get it tightened.But an excellent gun all the same

I'd stick to steel shot proofed shotguns just in case xx otherwise there could be a lot of expense if lead is banned

A fair point although it rules out almost everything I am thinking of. I already own 3 hp steel proofed guns (the 2 x B525 and the Maxus). I am hoping to go for a "pure indulgence". Otherwise I run the risk of "wasting" the money on other non-shooting products.

I like the Winchester idea now - I'd like to try out a wildfowl model. I also really like the thought of an English BLNE. It will probably come down to which I bump into first.

Thanks for the replies.