UKIP - merged threads

lee-kinsman

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think Mr Carswell may be engineering a reason to split. If not then good on him, and I apologise for being a cynic.

No nige is a man of great principles. When he said he would resign he meant it. Resign himself to getting a seat through the back door. Carswell will fall on his sword and be paid off. Nige will take the by election and Carswell will disappear for a few years before miraculously reappearing.

No nige is a man of great principles. When he said he would resign he meant it. Resign himself to getting a seat through the back door. Carswell will fall on his sword and be paid off. Nige will take the by election and Carswell will disappear for a few years before miraculously reappearing.

Such cynicism Michael, shame on you.

At least ukip support the entrepreneurs among us. You've all paid for my Family holiday so far. Thanks very much.

You're welcome, but I'm sure you said you'd made £300?

That should get you a weekend in a Clacton caravan...which is not to be sniffed at :good:

They wouldn't have him

i've been thinking about this. he's got three choices: Stick with the devil that brought him and stay UKIP, leave and stand as an independent or go back to the Tories. He'll almost certainly win the by-election, as he's hugely popular as an MP, not as a member of a party as such. The Tories might like the one more extra seat, it's a PR coup to killing off UKIP (coupled with the defeat of Reckless), and it looks good to the right wing Tories who are deeply sceptical of Cameron's ability to get a better EU deal. If the Prodigal Son returns, it might make back benchers less ready to defect if the option is so unpalatable! Publicly, they'd welcome him with open arms. Privately, he'd be slapped around the commons and be fed nothing but bread, water and humble pie.

we'll see how this row pans out, but i reckon tory party temperatures will be taken if it does all go pear shaped. Heard a rumour from someone more connected to him than I am that he's starting to waver on the issue of independence, now that Cameron has the clout of a majority to tease Europe with.

My question: if the UK becomes Independent from the EU, then what? UKIP will have no purpose....

they dont really now now that the referendums coming as they are getting what they wanted regardless of the result its over we are either out or the british people have voted to stay either way its end off

besides after the uturn on the resignation is nigel still credible his word didn't count for much and thats going to haunt him.

Edited by overandunder2012

From what i have seen publicly of Carswell he is a decent guy, stands by his commitments and obligations as a constituency MP and is respected for it.

I hope there is not a spat between him and UKIP as nobody benefits from that.

He will not go back to the Tories if it does go wrong, he will be an independent.

well it looks like some skullduggery has gone on at the Thanet South ballot, who has rigged what? would not be surprised one bit at a stitch up to stop nige.

KW

UKIP did not raise the complaint, do just for once get your facts right.

KW

Sorry my mistake must have been the conservatives......... :whistling: perhaps they thought they should have had an even bigger majority than they did. :yahoo:

Who cares....?

Edited by Fisherman Mike