• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh you too.

Can you not read the press articles?

"

Nigel Farage has had his resignation as Ukip leader rejected by the party's national executive committee and he remains as leader, the party has said in a statement.

Farage had promised to step down as leader if he lost the race to be elected MP for Thanet South. Which he did. Announcing his decision to quit on Friday morning, he said: "I'm a man of my word".

However in an extraordinary move, today Ukip chairman Steve Crowther said the party's national executive committee (NEC) believed the election campaign had been a "great success" and said members of the committee "unanimously" rejected Farage's letter of resignation.

Crowther said: "As promised, Nigel Farage tendered his official resignation as leader of Ukip to the NEC. This offer was unanimously rejected by the NEC members, who produced overwhelmingly evidence that the Ukip membership did not want Nigel to go."

Farage's resignation had already been made fun of, given he left open the possibility he would run for the position of leader in the summer after a holiday.

And far from taking a break, the Ukip figurehead popped up all over television, including the BBC and Sky News, on Monday morning to comment on the election from Westminster.

Before the election, Farage wrote in his book that it was "frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat".

“What credibility would Ukip have in the Commons if others had to enunciate party policy in Parliament and the party leader was only allowed in as a guest?" he said.

"Was I supposed to brief Ukip policy from the Westminster Arms? No – if I fail to win South Thanet, it is curtains for me. I will have to step down."

Farage has recommended that Suzanne Evans, the deputy chairman, should take over until a contest is held in September. She tweeted following the news: "Very pleased @Nigel_Farage still at the helm. As stated previously, I tried to persuade him to stay and was never actually appointed leader!"

Yes I can read. Particularly the bit "frankly just not credible for me to continue to lead the party without a Westminster seat".

Tightchoke, they refused to accept the resignation which only means they didn't let him go without trying to persuade him to stay. They then explained to Farage why they think he should stay, HE then withdrew his resignation letter. It is really that simple, he was asked to reconsider and he did. I will say it again, the NEC cannot stop him resigning, it us not possible or legal, he CHOSE not to go - no ifs and no buts.

So do you see the part about him resigning and it not being accepted by the NEC?

And do you not see the bit where he accepts he would not be credible to continue lead the party without being an MP? So if Nigel himself says he isn't credible do you still see him as credible?

I don't blame him but please don't put him on a pedestal above other politicians.

Headline news 'Farage promises to resign, says again that I will resign, then doesn't as bigger organisation say no.

Supporters justify decision by arguing technicalities'

Old news 'Clegg promises no tuition fees if gets into power, gains minority share in government, tuition fees implemented because bigger organisation said no.

Supporters justify decision by arguing technicalities. Supporters pilloried for being sheeple'

Real news 'in general, people believe that the word or promise of a politician of any flavour is pretty much worthless and it's just another day in politics'

Apart from sycophants and sheeple who will follow their particular flock.

Farage upped the ante by saying he would resign if he lost, he lost he resigned realized he had made a mistake and has now tried to backtrack, what ever credibility he had has now gone he is a liability how can you trust anyone with no integrity he is now a standing joke, this is the beginning of the end for UKIP

And do you not see the bit where he accepts he would not be credible to continue lead the party without being an MP? So if Nigel himself says he isn't credible do you still see him as credible?

I don't blame him but please don't put him on a pedestal above other politicians.

Is the leader of the SNP an MP? and she is about to tear Westminster up for **** paper how credible is that then :lol:

KW

Headline news 'Farage promises to resign, says again that I will resign, then doesn't as bigger organisation say no.

Supporters justify decision by arguing technicalities'

Old news 'Clegg promises no tuition fees if gets into power, gains minority share in government, tuition fees implemented because bigger organisation said no.

Supporters justify decision by arguing technicalities. Supporters pilloried for being sheeple'

Real news 'in general, people believe that the word or promise of a politician of any flavour is pretty much worthless and it's just another day in politics'

Apart from sycophants and sheeple who will follow their particular flock.

GRRClark, I have had great respect for many of your previous posts in loads of threads but you are now calling me names. That was a shame.

Exactly, so he submitted his resignation as he said he would and it wasn't accepted!

Here is another quote that shows it was his desicion:

Party chairman Steve Crowther said the national executive committee believed the election campaign had been a "great success" and members had "unanimously" rejected Mr Farage's letter of resignation.

"He has therefore been persuaded to withdraw his resignation and remains leader of UKIP," a party statement said.

Writing in the Daily Telegraph, Mr Farage said he had initially been reluctant, but then "breathed deep, and thought for as long as I possibly had, given the meeting was ongoing".

"I decided that as much as I had earned my holidays. As much as I wanted to spend the summer fishing, walking, and of course, in the European Parliament where all hell is currently breaking loose - that I owed it to the party that got me here," he said.

No teddies out of the cot here, I just see it as it is!

Just because they don't accept the resignation doesn't mean he can't insist and walk out the door. I can resign from my company tomorrow. They might try to persuade me to stay, but the reality is that is my decision exclusively...just like it is Farage's

IMHO claiming otherwise appears mendacious.

ATB

Just thank Nige for that surely, I know you think highly of him, but calling him a god is a stretch too far :)

Not really.

Some of the comments on here are nothing short of blasphemous. :)

Names have been taken. :ninja:

From a practical point of view the election is behind and in the past now. The novelty of a new government won’t last long as it never does. The proof of what will happen is when at some stage in the parliamentary term someone will keel over or have to resign their commission for a multitude of reasons and a by election will show what the public think. Now the government only has a 12-seat margin and sooner or later there will be disagreement amongst the backbenchers. European membership has caused a lot of problems for the Conservative Party in the past and it will be a thorn in their side in the future. There will be those that do not want a UK outside of the union for the trade links and investment that will be lost and on the other side there will be the likes of the right wingers and King Nige biting their rears when the thousands of migrants that are heading this way form up in massed ranks on the French coast with their rubber air beds ready to make the crossing irregardless of the danger or personal cost. If only we could view the crystal ball to see how this will all pan out. I’m sure that the kippers realise this and with King Nige at the helm will look to ram the Gov at every opportunity. Politics >> It's just a game of cards.

He said he was going to resign if he wasn't elected.

He wasn't elected, so he resigned. They wanted him back. I don't vote UKIP but I respect that about him. At least he didn't give up like Milliband. I suspect we haven't seen the last of UKIP

GRRClark, I have had great respect for many of your previous posts in loads of threads but you are now calling me names. That was a shame.

I'm not calling anybody names, just using some of the phrases aimed at some of the non kippers throughout the course of this thread for supporting decisions made by others, I chose Clegg, but could have equally used arguments about EU referendums, motions on repealing the fox hunting ban, VAT increases, etc. It is all just hugely ironic and part of politics in this country. Politicians make promises, as do many of us, without full sight of the consequence and inevitably it come back to bite them later.

I had absolutely no intention to cause offence and if you have interpreted my comments as having a dig at you personally then i readily apologise that it could be read as such. Offending people is not what I am about :)

Edit to add: Judicious timing from KW in the post directly below reference 'sheeple' in previous post. Cheers KW :)

Edited by grrclark

Right if you voted for Nige and are disappointed that he has stayed on fair enough, if you voted for Nige and are glad he stayed on fair enough ,strange thing is the ones doing the most whinging (as usual) and who are REALLY REALLY I'll scweem and scweem upset he is staying are the ones he is frightening the life out of, IE the Westminster more failure please sheep baa baa baa, it must be gripping your nads big time. :yes:

KW

I'm not calling anybody names, just using some of the phrases aimed at some of the non kippers throughout the course of this thread for supporting decisions made by others, I chose Clegg, but could have equally used arguments about EU referendums, motions on repealing the fox hunting ban, VAT increases, etc. It is all just hugely ironic and part of politics in this country. Politicians make promises, as do many of us, without full sight of the consequence and inevitably it come back to bite them later.

I had absolutely no intention to cause offence and if you have interpreted my comments as having a dig at you personally then i readily apologise that it could be read as such. Offending people is not what I am about :)

Edit to add: Judicious timing from KW in the post directly below reference 'sheeple' in previous post. Cheers KW :)

Apology accepted.

Right if you voted for Nige and are disappointed that he has stayed on fair enough, if you voted for Nige and are glad he stayed on fair enough ,strange thing is the ones doing the most whinging (as usual) and who are REALLY REALLY I'll scweem and scweem upset he is staying are the ones he is frightening the life out of, IE the Westminster more failure please sheep baa baa baa, it must be gripping your nads big time. :yes:

KW

Nope. Just that you moan at other politicians for telling porkies but when Nige does it you convently ignore it. As I said I am not surprised he did it and I don't care whether he stays or goes but if others get slaughtered for it so should he.