Grand national 2015

the hitman

Should get about 30-35 quid then. Not too bad I had two horses £5 each way so up

£10-15

Depends.

Most Each way bets split the total amount into two separate bids. Once for the horse to come first, and one for it to come between first and forth.

So, on a £5 each way bet, you bet =

£2.50 For the horse to come 1st (@ 25/1 = £62.50)

£2.50 For the horse to come between 1st and 4th but at 1/4 of the odds (so @ 1/6.25) = £16.25

So, as the horse came forth, you only won on your each way bet @ 16.25. However, if the horse had come first you'd of won both bets and taken home £78.75.

(To be honest I know nothing about gambling, so if I've gotten this wrong someone please correct me)

Depends.

Most Each way bets split the total amount into two separate bids. Once for the horse to come first, and one for it to come between first and forth.

So, on a £5 each way bet, you bet =

£2.50 For the horse to come 1st (@ 25/1 = £62.50)

£2.50 For the horse to come between 1st and 4th but at 1/4 of the odds (so @ 1/6.25) = £16.25

So, as the horse came forth, you only won on your each way bet @ 16.25. However, if the horse had come first you'd of won both bets and taken home £78.75.

(To be honest I know nothing about gambling, so if I've gotten this wrong someone please correct me)

1 little error I think

£5 each way means £5 for first and £5 to place. So £10 total bet.

So your £16.50 x 2 = £ 33 similar to the amount I said or there abouts . Plus not sure if I get the stake back

I had £5 each way on Alvarado at 25/1 and the horse came 4th

What do I get back for that as I havent a clue

1/4 of the odds a place ( 4 places normally but many bookies do 5 on the National)

so 25/4 = 6.25 x £5.0 = £31.25 plus the place stake back £5.00 = £36.25.

I had a great day yesterday...previously had place only vouchers on Saint Aire at 12/1 and Alvarado at 14.5/1

Also backed Hollies Pearl and Whisper.

Many of us were convinced Saint Are would have won had Brennan put him in the race a bit sooner....he was gaining at the death...

This explains it simply...

The best way to understand the each way bet is to think of it as 2 horse racing bets.

1 bet on the win odds and 1 bet on the place odds. Place odds are calculated by dividing the win odds by 4 or 5 (1/4 or a 1/5)

If you place a bet for £10 each way, the total stake is £20 (£10 on the win £10 on the place).

If your horse does not win the race, you lose the win part of the bet, but if the horse is placed you win on the place only. If you horse wins then you win money on the win AND the place.

Most bookmakers follow these rules on placed horses

(it’s best to double check individual bookmakers sports rules, there can also added concessions on big race meetings, like paying an extra place 5th )

• 2-4 runners win only (if a non runner is withdrawn the place part of the bet is added to the win)
  • 5-7 runners 1st and 2nd pay ¼ odds.
  • Non Handicaps 8 runners plus – top 3 count as a place, calculated at 1/5 odds.

( A common mistake is to think 16 runners plus pays out on the top 4 in a Non handicap)

• Handicaps 8 – 12 runners 1/5 odds on top 3.
  • Handicaps 12 – 15 runners ¼ odds on top 3.
  • Handicaps 16 runners plus ¼ odds on top 4.
Edited by Fisherman Mike