pigeon shooting

post-6472-1174741864.jpg ;) Hi all. was out yesterday would like to claim this as an official half century alas honesty doesn't permit. Had 11 dead birds to use as decoys from the day before, weather was sunny and mild. Placed the dead birds in a horseshoe pattern nearest bird15yds from hide farthest bird 30yds from hide. Started shooting 9am and finished 1.30pm. Had a steady stream of birds until midday when it went quiet. At the pick up had shot 39. 50 birds over the 2 days, modest by some standards but best day i have had for a while. hope this works first time trying to post a pic.

:good: Help what went wrong?:D any ideas apart from i am a pillock......

good shooting.

a tad on the large size see if this is better

"I say Wabbit" :D A seriously good days shooting and a nice job on your gun did you do it yourself?

I have replied on this post because I dont have the time to trawl 3 miles to the right looking for the reply button on your post ;)???

:good: D2D

:good: thanks gents, will try to get future posts the right size so you don't wear out your mouse trying to look at it D'oh!!! HA HA!!

i lead and don follows where pigeon shooting goes (that should get 'im going ha ha) taught 'im all he knows

Gun is beretta al391 26inch barrel, came from beretta already dressed in realtree hardwoods (treated myself with bonus from work 3 yrs ago).

"I say Wabbit" ;) A seriously good days shooting and a nice job on your gun did you do it yourself?

I have replied on this post because I dont have the time to trawl 3 miles to the right looking for the reply button on your post ??????

:good: D2D

??? :(

wabbit i aint no tecky. :( i just open with photo and resize down to 50% save,

and bobs your mums mate :D

thanks for your kind words dead eye duck, that was a positively glowing post by your standards... HA HA!!

Bracken is 9 this year she had a very hard day not only returning the birds to hand, but with next to no wind scenting conditions were very poor making the retrieves more difficult than usual. She is very good on the stop whistle and direction control is good too so was able to handle her onto the more difficult birds. i am sure dead eye duck is relishing the chance to regale you with stories re her slight indiscretions. Like all labs she is a foodaholic!!!

In a pigeon hide she is brilliant, relaxed and ever watchful (no stress unlike a certain spaniel owner YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!HA HA!!) as you can tell from her grey muzzle the years are catching up with her but like nearly all working gundogs when she hears the keys turn in the gun cupboard she still goes bananas (yes another food reference) running round the house and lives to go shooting. Will be thinking of a trainee to follow in her paw prints soon, if its only half as good will be happy!!

thanks for your kind words dead eye duck, that was a positively glowing post by your standards... HA HA!!

Bracken is 9 this year she had a very hard day not only returning the birds to hand, but with next to no wind scenting conditions were very poor making the retrieves more difficult than usual. She is very good on the stop whistle and direction control is good too so was able to handle her onto the more difficult birds. i am sure dead eye duck is relishing the chance to regale you with stories re her slight indiscretions. Like all labs she is a foodaholic!!!

In a pigeon hide she is brilliant, relaxed and ever watchful (no stress unlike a certain spaniel owner YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!HA HA!!) as you can tell from her grey muzzle the years are catching up with her but like nearly all working gundogs when she hears the keys turn in the gun cupboard she still goes bananas (yes another food reference) running round the house and lives to go shooting. Will be thinking of a trainee to follow in her paw prints soon, if its only half as good will be happy!!

Well you 3-faced *** :good::D

Your normal command is a bellowing "Come here you black ******** "

Jaws like an alligator, retrieves like an Exocet (tends to mash things about a bit) and with no conscience whatsoever.

And go on, what will you next dog be - a spaniel ?????? :( :(

Now if your dog was as well trined as mine...... ;)???

Don

:blink: only three faced don i am not trying hard enough ha ha ha!!! I have fond memories of your spaniel treeing squirrels and baying like a bloodhound.... destroying the pigeon hide REPEATEDLY...and who can forget the running in!!!!! we even have your dog on video running in before the shot is fired and almost in position to catch the falling crow before it hits the floor HA HA!! but then again who wants a dog that does exactly as its told?:good: a little character is good!!!!! HA HA HA!!

Thanks for kind words everyone.

Plenty of WABBIT pics to follow soon magman but if anyone has any advice re correct sizing pre posting would be very grateful. i use photoimpact xl for re sizing.