Which TV? Want a 55" but too many to choose from!!! He

m3vert

Ok folks I am no expert on what's needed and what isn't on a TV! We currently have a 40"LED Sony Bravia, but I am after something bigger! Looking for 55" ideally as low profile as possible. I have no idea where is best place to buy or to avoid, so open to suggestions? I have bought from John Lewis in the past to get the 5 year warranty.

I spotted this LG on Costco site and it seems great value for money but maybe its because its rubbish?? Any experts out there that can advise?
Thanks in advance.

http://www.costco.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/cos_1,cos_1.1,cos_1.1.6/167219

General rule of thumb is, measure the height of the TV and sit 5 times that measurement away from the screen.

It worked in the last house and since it cost £1500 (much cheaper now) of a tax rebate, I will watch it even if I have to sit on it !

Will use your formula to check in the next house - thanks.

Don't want 4k and don't like curved, other than that?? Don't need Smart TV and not fussed about 3D so I guess I just want a 55" HD tv to watch er the TV on :-)

:lol: A rare thing these days. Only reason I ask is to understand your needs.

Any set from LG, Pana.Sony or Samsung should be fine. Toshiba are also a possibility but not sure if they are made under licence these days.

Curry's are competitive. Nice to get the 5 year warranty from Lewis's but you pay for it. Most TV's should last at least 5 years

I have a 60" Samsung Plasma on the wall in not such a large room, but doesn't look out of place being on the wall. Picture is excellent with plasma, but sound not so good so I have an AV amp and 5.1 speakers.

Also have LG and Panasonic in different rooms both 42" and both good pics. Not much in them now days.

Hi

What TV & HiFi magazine (pretty sure on Internet too) does tests on various equipment and provides a summarised star rated view at the back - should be helpful to have this background/starting information to narrow down the sets in the size you are considering.

L

I have this in a 40" http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/samsung/ue55h6400/sams-ue55h6400

very happy and good reviews,see the 3D and apps as a bonus

I would always by a tv with a five year guarantee included, shop around you can get good prices with 5 years

Just don't buy from Richer Sounds. Owner is a rabid Anti.