Which TV? Want a 55" but too many to choose from!!! He

m3vert

Don't want 4k and don't like curved, other than that?? Don't need Smart TV and not fussed about 3D so I guess I just want a 55" HD tv to watch er the TV on :-)

Just had a 55in UHD 4K curved Samsung delivered yesterday omg it's amazing i like it, i like it a lot :yes: .

Just purchased the new LG from Lewis's. New 2015 model. Not 4k.and not curved but is just awesome and will.be hanging on the wall very soon...

http://m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/lg-55lf630v-led-hd-1080p-smart-tv-55-with-freeview-hd-and-built-in-wi-fi/p1915540?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_9#page_loaded

Took my daughter to Bradford Media Museum, god i felt old!

!

C7 Betamax on show, I used to sell them. The noise of dial internet on a loop

"Daddy, what's that" "it's how we used to connect to the internet" "Weren't you connected all the time?" "er...No it cost too much" :no:

We use LG tv's and never had a problem with them. Don't think we would buy another make now. We used to buy Sony but we were not very impressed with the last one we bought.

There is a common fault with many LGs. Mine did the 'half screen' trick. Google to see what I mean.

How funny, over the last few days I've upgraded from an older 40" sony bravia to a newer box.

After literally hours of research I went for this http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/sony/bravia-kdl50w829/sony-kdl50w829bbuI set it up yesterday and am loving it, physically it's not that much bigger than the old one as the bezel is miniscule. I was tempted by a 48" samsung 6400 but thought I may as well pay a few quid more for the bigger screen. Not many left now as all the 2015 screens are coming out now. This is a 2014.

Hooked up to yamaha receiver and mordaunt short 5.1 the neighbours hate me sometimes haha.

I personally couldn't give a toss about the owner being an anti when it comes to spending this sort of money. I don't have the time to research every place or person I give my money to in case they're an anti.

Edit: Here's my old one if anyone fancies it? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301598981304?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Edited by Muddy Funker

Samsung Panasonic and Sony are all great TV,s

Most if not all are smart tv's these days

In the 55 inch category the Samsung 55h6400 is a great TV especially if watching blu Ray

I have a small living room 4metre x 4 metre and my 55 inch is wall mounted I moved from a 46 to a 55 and because of the thin bezel not much difference in physical size as with most tv's these days not a lot of difference in picture quality between them it is as much about looks when you go that big , switched of mine is just a black slab on the wall , not the prettiest thing to look at but when on wow !

Big TV short viewing distance is where 4k comes into its own ( more pixels = finer picture ) also up to date as well

Hope this helps

R33SY

Don't need Smart TV and not fussed about 3D so I guess I just want a 55" HD tv to watch er the TV on :-)

dont dismiss smart, but don't bother with 3D

Smart TV, connected by a plug in modem, transforms the tv's caperbility

Bought two large samsungs from john lewis, recommend

All i know is save your money and don't bother getting a 'smart' TV, spend the money on a separate box (Android, Apple etc), you get all the same features but the internet service is much better as well as the ability to integrate other devices such as smart phones.

mmmm...

good point, but then you have to buy a box and have two remotes etc

not had a problem when the samsung smart tv is plugged into a wall adaptor modem,[wi fi was pants via the tv] but then i had to buy that, so...... ho hum

not sure about interacting with mobile devices, haven't tried that line of attack :)

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated!
However I am now in a pickle! I have placed a deposit on a Sony 55" 3D Smart 1080HD. Then I made the fatal error of looking at 4K TVs in a showroom!!!!! Stunning clarity and with the up-scaling facility I am now thinking they are the better option! I need to call the Sony centre later on and discuss my options before deciding which way to jump! I am pretty sure it will result in me getting a 4K screen now ;-)
Far too much choice out there nowadays lol

Oh and just to mention I already have Apple TV and Android TV.

Edited by m3vert