land rover series 3 88" csw restoration project.

viking

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

put a reserve on it................phone that london auction house like what i told you :good:

Spoke to bonhams today. They estimate it between £12,000 and £16,000 and suggest the reserve be £12,000. Tit.

So if it sold for £12,000 I'd end up with £10,000. Double tit.

But on a brighter note. Iv had it back on eBay these last 10 days. It finished at £17,300 but once again didn't reach the reserve. After it finished the joint top bidder msg'd me and asked if £18,000 would buy it. I said I'd have a think and let him know. No I'm in no rush to sell. But then again I don't want it hanging about. What to do??

£18,000 is a decent offer, think carefully before you decide as these offers don't come round every day. Very few people make a profit on a restoration unless they have done 100% of the work themselves.

This....

£18k is a generous offer, plus if hes offering outside of ebay and its fees..you could save about £1,800.

This....

£18k is a generous offer, plus if hes offering outside of ebay and its fees..you could save about £1,800.

When I sold my old Jeep I had a guy come to see it he loved it but he was worried about an engine light that was only an LPG thing nothing wrong with the engine in the end it did not reach my limit.

Then to my surprise a week later he phoned up and offered me more than I wanted he got a good deal as in the past two years they have gone up in value I should have kept it but its water under the bridge.

£18,000 is a decent offer, think carefully before you decide as these offers don't come round every day. Very few people make a profit on a restoration unless they have done 100% of the work themselves.

your right mate it is a good offer, and one i seriously considered all last night :good:

so after some serious thought last night i emailed the guy and accepted his offer of £18,000,

then came the questions, i wouldnt mind but he only lives 80 mile away, not to far to come look at it,

question 1 . if 10 is excellent and 1 is poor, how would you describe your land rover, and if anything wasnt a 10/10 why/ :lol::lol:

i said if your asking questions like that then your best coming to look at it, but if i had to be ultra picky then id say the front seats arnt 100%, clean wise, but no where near do they need recovering in my book,

so then he said as he would be buying blind then he appreciates my honesty,

then he asked if it entered a concourse land rover show would it win, :lol::lol: how the ***** do you answer questions like that, i just said i wouldnt be happy if it didnt.

then said at £18,000 it would need to be the best about and that most dealers sell these for around £15,000,

then he said he could only pay £15,000 really as it would cost £2-3000 to have seats recovered, :hmm::hmm:

at this point i kindly told him where to go,

i told him in now way do the seats need to be recovered,

and id not be taking a penny less than £18,000 for it,

he then prattled on about buying blind, then his offer was £18,000 if i threw in the delivery costs, checked it out and its about £100,

thought to myself im not going to lose a sale for £100, so i agreed,

then he says he was off on holiday this weekend for a week and he will be in touch when he gets back,

so i told him id not be keeping it for him without a deposit, he was a bit shocked at this,

i was just about to go medieval on him, then he replied asking for my bank details for the deposit, 5 mins later he paid a £500 deposit and said we can sort delivery out in 2 weeks when hes back :good::good:

Lee - glad your selling ordeal is over.

I really can't abide people who conduct a purchase via a series of increasingly detailed e-mail questions. You answer one set of questions, only to find there are more and more.

I have told would be buyers that my life is too short to deal with them.

Lee - glad your selling ordeal is over.

I really can't abide people who conduct a purchase via a series of increasingly detailed e-mail questions. You answer one set of questions, only to find there are more and more.

I have told would be buyers that my life is too short to deal with them.

1000 questions, my thought was always, just come and see it for yourself, your only 2 hours away, if that :good::good:

Good for you as the saying goes a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush why pay to have it deliverd its taxed and insured just drive it to him shore that you can get someone to follow you and bring you back then all it will cost is fuel. :good: :good:

good idea, but i dont fancy a 3 hour drive in it doing 40 mph at best :lol::lol: