Late afternoon!

Eklind

I needed to come out to the fields yesterday after work and the son was with me and he got to see daddy shot pigeons for the first time.

I tried out bamboo canes with full body decoys in a high oatfield, also placed a floater/bouncer a bit back to imitate a incoming bird. I didn´t manage to get in my hide before the first bird was coming in and I shot it hiding in the high grass. More pigeons was coming in, fooled by the decoys on the bamboo sticks and in a short time I shot a good bunch of birds. The son was thrilled and collected the birds as the golden retriever got totally mad and was passed to sit in the hide. When we got home Emil decided that we should eat one of the pigeons so he helped me out with the breast and also checked out what the pigeons was feeding on, this bird had eaten a lot of rapeseed. He found it very intressting and it was cool to learn and show him how it all works. from shot to the plate so to say.

Well done Eklind, the first of many pigeon shooting reports from you hopefully.

Thanks mate! I am pretty new to decoying pigeons but I am reading a lot on this forum and learning a lot being out on the fields watching how the birds behave etc.

wow that takes me back ...my lad couldn't wait to get the pigeons home and cook one or two .....was that a glass of red or white he had on the side there !!!!!

looks like he's more Keith Floyd than Gordon Ramsey !!!!!!!!!

Ha ha! It was the wifes empty glass of rosè!! I hade a nice glass of Zinfandel to my breast, a great combo.