Red letter day

ollie

Had a go yesterday on standing wheat. My father & his mate were on this field on Tuesday & shot 130 pigeons. The farmer called later on the week to complain there were still birds pouring into the field.

So 4 of us went to the field yesterday & set up 2 hides. We shot for about 5 hours & finished with 119 pigeons & 104 corvids. A lot of the birds were lost in the standing wheat. Highlight of my day was shooting 2 flighting birds in mid-air with the one shot, it's the 2nd time I've done this but the first time was birds landing. I didn't record this outing as I forgot my camera.

B86CD634-51DB-4390-93BF-4CADE454A50F_zps

64965D19-FC56-4FF6-B19C-17F63151CBC6_zps

Good outing :good: , them birds look hit hard, what cartridges were you using.

Mixture of 6's & 7.5's. One of the fellas almost likes the bird on the end of his barrel before he takes the shot, so that could be the reason.

Great result on a field that has been recently shot.

To be honest we finished at 3 as I was scared getting in the bad books for not spending time with my son, we could have probably got 200 pigeons had we stayed for another few hours.

Holy Cow! That's some good shooting!

Would love myself some farm land to shoot on in the midlands. But it's just so difficult to get permission now.

Cheers fella, keep persevering & you'll get permission.

those corvids are getting some serious stick from the boys over the water................top banana.. :good:

There is plenty of them about. Although this was a good day on pigeons we generally have lots more corvids & not the same volume of pigeons as the mainland.