Pigeon Guide

zamzwed

Hiya , I tried booking some pigeon shooting with a guide who used to post regular on this site, this was in Feb 24th 2014 he asked for a deposit of £ 80 for 4 of us which is 20-00 per gun, I haven't got a problem with that as I know to well that people let you down, I sent the £ 80-00 online banking, three times dates were planned 3 times the guide let us down, personal stuff I suppose cannot be helped illness accidents and no birds around all good excuses, although a good amount of notice would have been ok as the 4 of us booked time off work to shoot, we didn't shoot, the deposit has not been returned by guide, although he says he has sent it, I was unsure at the time as to whether I had sent my account details to him as he says that I gave him wrong nos,the reason I was unsure was that I dropped my smart phone down a manhole full of the probherbial with all correspondences, miraculously I charged up the phone and it is now working and I haven't lost a thing, unbelievable isn't it, I did not send him any bank details at all, last tx to him on the 25/8/15 said he was sending the said £80 so I gave him my account details still the money has not arrived, he has told me a pack of lies, why wont he return it ? what do you think ?

I think they would as soon as a SGC or FAC is involved.

Why would they be? It was a deposit of £80 which has been said can be dealt with by small claims. Having sgc or fac is nothing to do with holding a deposit/not returning it.

Like others have said, give him a week. If after that you have not seen it the take it to small claims.

Ring him up and tell him you want the money posting to your address today,and then tell him you are going to tell everybody you can think of about him and grow a pair will you.you wanted advice people are giving you it but you say your not going to name him.if he was near my house I would be banging his ******* door down so he can't do it anybody else.snakey ****s people like that.atb

I do get fed up of people coming on here, whining about being ripped off - sorry to hear that, by the way - and then completely failing to name the people responsible, so that the rest of us can get treated like mugs by the same people and similarly ripped off.

I doubt if these thieves were armed robbers, murderers or paedophiles people would be so reticent about naming them - why are people who commit small scale fraud / theft any different?

I realise there's an issue around being sued for defamation, but if you have evidence to back up your claims, you're not in danger of that. Bank records and emails are acceptable evidence of your actions and his and the way you describe the situation, you have those already. I guess you might also argue that in naming him, you could inadvertently say something which constitutes incitement - that one's easy too: just don't.

Name and shame the rapscallion and help the rest of us avoid him and all his works!!!

I do get fed up of people coming on here, whining about being ripped off - sorry to hear that, by the way - and then completely failing to name the people responsible, so that the rest of us can get treated like mugs by the same people and similarly ripped off.

I doubt if these thieves were armed robbers, murderers or paedophiles people would be so reticent about naming them - why are people who commit small scale fraud / theft any different?

I realise there's an issue around being sued for defamation, but if you have evidence to back up your claims, you're not in danger of that. Bank records and emails are acceptable evidence of your actions and his and the way you describe the situation, you have those already. I guess you might also argue that in naming him, you could inadvertently say something which constitutes incitement - that one's easy too: just don't.

Name and shame the rapscallion and help the rest of us avoid him and all his works!!!

Agree. Also not awaring others re name/location atleast makes me feel like you're just making up this story to get everyone's attention, and all of us are feeling bad what has happend with you. Would be great if you get back with a some information what we're looking for, to avoid these kind of scumbags .