Ditchman has lost it ..completly !

ditchman

cleaned the head up best as i could and checked all the new valves are the right ones....before i take it up the cromer...just as well as i did the exhaust valve is from and earlier model it only has a 1 collet fixing not a 3 collet fixing...so i will get that changed over before i send all the stuff off......

post-11401-0-03915800-1442743917_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-33022700-1442743936_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

final posting for a while as i have hedges to cut and the head needs to go away.....but before it does thought i would show what happens when you turn the heat start on in a desiel engine.......the first pic shows the tip of the glowplug screwed into the pre-combustion chamber...the second pic shows the glowplug connected to a 12v system for 15secs'...........

post-11401-0-85743700-1442750513_thumb.jpg

post-11401-0-08944600-1442750533_thumb.jpg

Those valve seats look as good as new ditchman, you got a good head there for forty notes. If you fell in a slurry pit you would come out smelling of roses :lol:

you are not far wrong...the seats are good....i think he will just do one turn of the carbide cutter when the new guides are in...then lap them in............when i used to do CATS in the field at 33.3deg !! weird....just used to drop them in and hit it lightly with a copper hammer to seat .........!!

you are not far wrong...the seats are good....i think he will just do one turn of the carbide cutter when the new guides are in...then lap them in............when i used to do CATS in the field at 33.3deg !! weird....just used to drop them in and hit it lightly with a copper hammer to seat .........!!

PS did you like the pic of the "hot nipple" eh....nothing like a good clean stiff hot nipple .............(i dont get out enuff !)

Speaking of injector shrouds, picked up a two and a quarter diesel 2 years ago, it ran like a pig, smoke, uneven idle and all the rest. Pulled the head off, bottom half of shroud was embedded in top of piston. :lol:

seen alsorts of things on top of and embedded into pistons !! :lol:

looking good ditchman, what have you been using for the cleaning, some of them parts look like new :good:

general muck dissolving.....50/50 mix of petrol/deseil.............then rotary wire brush....wipe off and spray with neat petrol............heavy gunk....spray with 50/50 leave for a few mins...cold power wash off............im ok here as i have an interceptor................if you wire bruch aluminium make sure it is a stainless steel brush....then spray with wd40..