Shotgun Cartridges and buying British

hello all I am back most of you are right but heres my story we do not make cartridges and in my now seven years of research of where to buy from I can honestly say there is nobody in uk doing the job from start to finish we are all buying the parts in just like landrover and assembling most of us are using the same companys its not unusual for me to have a forty foot artic in with say 20 pallets for me then of the lorry goes to deliver to another well known assembler same parts to the other the pricing is a different story see you later people just had a hard day up Lockerbie george

It's sad really that in a country where we have a large shooting interest, we have no manufacturers left. Like most other things I guess it comes down to the cost of labour and tooling (in the case of start up costs). Pity. Anyone remember when this was still used for what it was designed for?

Shot.tower.bristol.arp.jpg

("Shot.tower.bristol.arp" by Arpingstone - Own work. Licensed under Public Domain via Commons - https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Shot.tower.bristol.arp.jpg#/media/File:Shot.tower.bristol.arp.jpg)

Whitebridges, finances is the answer to that, one day I'll buy a British gun but I'll need to be content with foreign imports in the mean time. Still buy as much British as I can, Barbour jacket, Croots bits and bobs etc!

I had a huge problem with express cartridges, but i may just decide on hull, it's just Ultramax that lets there range down!

the magic question johnny will you ever buy express again was it the product or the way they were rude to you things do go wrong theres not a cart assembler out there who has not had to take some cartridges back with a problem ive had primer problem I have had dirty powder but there is no need to be rude so would you buy express again???

The problem as I see it is that the manufacturers make it difficult for us to do so. Is it me, or is there anyone else who finds the Express web-site difficult to navigate. That stupid selector chart is useless unless you know all of the specifics of exactly what you want in which case you wouldn't have need of it anyway. Do not ask a simple question on the phone of Gamebore on a Friday as the sales staff in all probability won't know the answer and as the factory doesn't work on that day there's no one for them to ask. A polite e-mail to Hull pointing out that as you are a new customer, could they possibly answer an easy and straight-forward question regarding the products that you have just ordered will receive no reply.

I have found Hull to be very rude, and despite having bought them for years, I personally would never buy cartridges from them again.

I emailed them 4 weeks ago looking for a stockists of one of their less popular cartridges and I am still waiting on a reply.