Shotgun Cartridges and buying British

I may be wrong, but I doubt that you will find shotgun cartridges that are 100% British made or even close to it.

At best the cartridges will have been assembled in UK with components from other countries.

Some lead shot is manufactured and loaded in the UK.

webber

Edited by webber

I may be wrong, but I doubt that you will find shotgun cartridges that are 100% British made or even close to it.

At best the cartridges will have been assembled in UK with components from other countries.

Some lead shot is manufactured and loaded in the UK.

webber

Is the correct answer. You could argue that buying Proper Cartridges will at least make sure any profits are mostly spent over here but the reality is that the components will in all probability have been produced or at the very least sourced abroad.

I have shot proper cartridges and quite like them, ultimate game 29g roasted pigeons and crows for me last weekend, and the hi-speed are a very good cartridge. Local supply is an issue TBH as is establishing what is actually available, I can't seem to find a list of the range of cartridges they sell! I shoot a huge variety of different cartridge, I'm not sure they have the range to suit me. None the less the two aforementioned cartridges I quite liked but they were plastic wad!

I know all the components are foreign, but I'm interested to find out how I can best spend my money!

Although American owned Gamebore make their own lead shot in Hull, they also export back to the USA cartridges assembled in the UK.

They do put back into British shooting albeit Clay shooting with the Gamebore gold cup and white gold challenge. I have just shot the gold cup yesterday, one of the most enjoyable shoots on the calendar with good prize money with extra bonuses for Gamebore shooters.

Not too sure if that helps you decide but I like a company that actually goes and creates a shooting competition than just sponsor an existing one.

The more shooting out there the better for me.

So I'm getting to the point where my back log of jumbled cartridges from the cartridge velocity test is getting used up quickly. I want to buy British! I wouldn't mind advice on how to do it.

Eley are owned buy Maxam which is Spanish so that rules them out!

What do we know about hull and gamebore?

A very honorable post. What gun do you shoot?