Cesspit

imissalot

if it is fitted with electrics for the rotary filter ..........make doubly sure that the high low level float switch is in an area that will not get caught up or fouled.........if the water level rises and the chain drive gets wet the chain will jam and throw itself off the cog and rip the bearing housing for the rotary filter..........

From those type of treatment plants there is a water run off to deal with so a French drain will be needed, the scale of this will need to be determined by conducting a percolation test. These works should be covered and overseen by building control.

We put in a 4000l Sotralentz plastic tank and full drain field to our place in France last Oct.

Perculation test, max in / out angle of 5% and our drainfield was 48m in total length mad up of four 12m channels- all had to be less than 1% fall with inspection chambers either end..

Our drainage channels were 60cm deep- 35cm of 25 to 35mm stones, perforated pipe then covered with geotextile fabric and finally earth to ground level.

Was a lot of work and completely renewed all drainage under the house for bogs n bathrooms to bring the house up to 'Norms'

Prior to that grey water just sort of disappeared somewhere and the septic tank was pierced by some bright spark who planted a pine tree within a meter of it.

New system works great.

You-tube is your friend - even if most of the most informative vids are in French

As an accredited installer for Klargester I may be able to help and even might pass on my discount

Send me a pm with some details, no of bedrooms you have to start with, do you have a waste disposal unit in your kitchen?

AAZ

Have a new project and like the look of the Klargester drainage pipes that do away with gravel/stones but can't get them in France.

Know they 110mm and we use 100mm here but a rubber coupling will suffice.

Any ideas how to get some here apart from ordering them to be delivered to a UK address then sent on to France at increased cost?

Cheers

Jaymo, I'm pretty sure Klargester/Kingspan have offices and warehousing in France - give them a call, if not then I'm afraid you are reliant on delivery to France from the UK. I've not used them, personally I'm a bit old fashioned and prefer good ole pipe and shingle.