frozen food knife / saw, suggestions please

big bad lindz

Hi Guys,

I have just taken delivery of 1/2 a red stag which is frozen, although it has been butchered in part there still some very large cuts of meat that I would like to cut up into smaller pieces to be able to use as a small meal for just me and my good lady. So any suggestions as to what kind of knife I could use. I was thinking of an electric knife but I cannot find any with good reviews for cutting frozen meat so I am now thinking of a butchers saw or can you buy a catering grade saw blade that could be used with an ordinary hack saw.

Cheers,

BBL

As above or a clean wood saw as I once used.

I once bought a full wrapped block of pastrami from a shop and my wife immediately froze it. So when I wanted some I had to use a saw to cut a chunk off to put in fridge for later use.

You get a bit of waste but if you put a container under ready made mince.

The problem with the above saw is that it hasn't got much throat so you can only cut into the material to a small depth. You might be better served with a plain pannel saw such as a Jack saw. they are super sharp and keep an edge for a long time. I wouldn't try cutting through bone with it though. Here is a link to the type of thing that I refer to. and you can put it in the dishwasher to get the residue off of it.

http://www.screwfix.com/search?search=jack+saw

Edited by fortune