Golf

walshie

An underrated pastime IMO. I'm terrible at it, but like the whole "day out" thing with breakfast and chat with your mates first, a round of golf then a couple of beers after.

I haven't played since I moved as my mates who are just as bad as me live so far away now. My son keeps asking me to join him and his mates when they play, but as the three of them have a combined handicap of 8 between them, I don't go.

Any bad golfers in Wales who fancy a round sometime? BTW I'm a fair weather golfer.

I like golf although don't play as often as I should as tend to have other things that need doing.

Lots of similarities between golf and clay shooting as well I think, it all starts from the correct setup. Get that right and everything becomes easier.

I have a theory that decent golfers, cricket players and racket sport enthusiasts will also make good clay bashers more often than not.

never off the course when i was younger,,lived on it ,but next to Troon and Turnberry you take it for granted,,too many courses to mention ,all very good though,,thing is never really shone at the game though,

turnberry...now thats a course...think I saw a plaque saying Douglas Bader died here in one of the bunkers..(the 9th?)...

anyhow how can a fair weather golfer live in Wales and ever expect to get a game!!..

An underrated pastime IMO. I'm terrible at it, but like the whole "day out" thing with breakfast and chat with your mates first, a round of golf then a couple of beers after.

I haven't played since I moved as my mates who are just as bad as me live so far away now. My son keeps asking me to join him and his mates when they play, but as the three of them have a combined handicap of 8 between them, I don't go.

Any bad golfers in Wales who fancy a round sometime? BTW I'm a fair weather golfer.

claim a full handicap and go play with your son and his mates

turnberry...now thats a course...think I saw a plaque saying Douglas Bader died here in one of the bunkers..(the 9th?)...

anyhow how can a fair weather golfer live in Wales and ever expect to get a game!!..

didnt know that about .Douglas Bader,,,my hero,him and Stanford Tuck they were on the box a lot .i was going to call my pup Stanford but the wife pooh pood it..sorry for going off a bit

I try to play three times a week, even in the winter. Our winter league starts on Sunday, so that's something to look forward to! It's a cracking game when you're have a good rapport with the other lads, and I find it very enjoyable, even when you have a bad round. I'm a member of a club, and in the drawn competitions, you can meet some lovely folk, and also some swines, but it's all part of the game. My favourite times to play were stag do's, and they were some of the most enjoyable and hilarious afternoons of sport I've ever had.

There really is nothing like it, sport-wise. You're on your own, and when it goes wrong, it goes wrong! The handicap system also means players can play on a level playing field, regardless of ability, and older folk can still compete with the much fitter, younger people.

I love it :D