Conor McGregor vs Rafael dos Anjos

Danger-Mouse

I think McGregor will do ok up at lightweight as he was pretty big for a featherweight.

To be honest i dont know much about dos Anjos but going by the article there are no flys on him.

It will be interesting to see how he fairs trying to compete at two different weight class's at the same time..

Has he been really tested yet..? He might get a big wake up call when he fights the bigger guys..then again he may clean that up too.

I would love to see him fighting Aldo again in a proper scrap.

I will be looking forward to see how it all goes. One things for sure hes making it big time now.

Can`t say I know much about dos Anjos either but after watching him destroy Cerrone (who I`ve always rated) in 66 seconds I suspect that Conor could have a very serious fight on his hands.

One advantage I can see Conor having is that he`s unlikely to have to cut much weight before the weigh in. I don`t know how big a cut D`A has to make but if it`s a difficult cut then Conor could be a lot fresher going into the ring.

It will be interesting to see who the bookies rate as the favourite. Despite Conor`s current form, he is moving up a weight and he could easily be considered the under dog. If that`s the case then that may put pressure on D`A. Added to the head games that Conor will play in the lead up and that may be enough to give Conor the edge (if indeed he needs an edge).

It`s going to be an interesting one for sure. Too close to call in my book although I`ll be cheering for Conor.

It will also be interesting to watch Holms fight again. Her opponent Tate is dangerous but I`m not sure she can do what Rousey couldn`t.

• 3 weeks later...

That should be a serious war. The bookies have Conor as favourite but Diaz is one seriously tough dude and turning his lights out won`t be easy.

I was quite gutted to not see Macgregor fight Dos Anjos as I wanted to see how Macgregor would have coped being taken to ground - something I am not sure if Diaz (being more Ju jitsu) would do but I am sure is a weak point of Macgregor

I was quite gutted to not see Macgregor fight Dos Anjos as I wanted to see how Macgregor would have coped being taken to ground - something I am not sure if Diaz (being more Ju jitsu) would do but I am sure is a weak point of Macgregor

It`s certainly disappointing that the match has been cancelled but presuming Conor doesn`t get knocked out in this fight it seems likely he`ll fight Rafael at UFC 200.

There`s no doubt Conor`s striking is way ahead of his wrestling/ground game but I`m sure he`ll have been working to improve it, especially after the Mendez fight exposed it as a weakness.

Been watching a bit of the build up to this one on Youtube. Looking forward to see how McGregor copes with Diaz's reach.

Both come from boxing backgrounds so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I will be Cheering on McGregor this time as Diaz comes across as a bit of a ****, as do a lot of his fans.

Seems Mcgregor' Going by his trainer is actually faster now that he has bulked up to 170. I dont know enough about Diaz to make any predictions' but hoping for a good fight and not one thats over before it starts and lasts longer than 15 seconds.

Been watching a bit of the build up to this one on Youtube. Looking forward to see how McGregor copes with Diaz's reach.

Both come from boxing backgrounds so it should be interesting to see how it plays out.

I will be Cheering on McGregor this time as Diaz comes across as a bit of a ****, as do a lot of his fans.

Seems Mcgregor' Going by his trainer is actually faster now that he has bulked up to 170. I dont know enough about Diaz to make any predictions' but hoping for a good fight and not one thats over before it starts and lasts longer than 15 seconds.

Doesnt happen.

Pretty brutal ending and hopefully he will stop wanting to fight Mayweather now.

Aye he got a skelping alright- might do him good in the long run.......

Never been interested in watching woman's fighting probably as tanked up boxing bloke types like the olympian brute Nicola Adams are mingers but have to say the woman's fight was brilliant with a great finish.

Is there a link to the fight if anybody has it atb

It`s on the pirate bay as either a torrent file or you can stream it from there with a plug-in called torrents time.

Had the fight spoiled for me as I caught enough of the result on the radio to realise Conor had lost, just didn`t know how.

I said Diaz was tough and he proved it again in that fight taking some heavy shots in the 1st round.

I do wonder what the result would have been if they`d fought at 155lbs. Conor jumping up two weight classes always seemed a bit risky, especially after training for a fight at 155lbs. But that`s not to take anything away from Diaz who afterall took the fight at short notice.

It was nice to see the mutual respect after the fight and I thought Conor was very gracious in defeat.

Never been interested in watching woman's fighting probably as tanked up boxing bloke types like the olympian brute Nicola Adams are mingers but have to say the woman's fight was brilliant with a great finish.

You`ve obviously never seen Paige Van Zant then . . .

0011632001443709612_filepicker.jpg

The Holm vs Tate fight wasn`t the best I`ve seen of womens MMA. Tbh with about 3 mins to go I was pretty sure it was going to go to Holm by points. I was wanting to watch the McGregor fight so I skipped forward about a minute or so and then realised Tate had pulled off the win and had to go back and watch it again.

Great result for Tate. Stuck to her game plan and went for it with very little time left on the clock. All credit to her and her coaches.