EU In or out

old'un

Some of these are true, some of this is just speculation from academics.

Yes the EU may have enabled cheaper mobile calls across Europe, or forced airlines to pay compensation for delayed flights. We pay net £33mln a day for the privilege. I'll happily live without these 'benefits' and bank the £33mln/day thanks.

To be honest I'd rather the EU didn't meddle in these matters. It is nothing to do with them.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd rather have a look at this. http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/feb/24/hungary-viktor-orban-will-call-referendum-on-eu-refugee-quotas

You've got to hand it to Viktor... a leader with a pair of cahoona's the likes of which Cameron could only dream of.

If it carries on like that I don't think we will need a referendum!

so the demographic for leave and stay suggests the following split

Leave:

poor education no qualifications

over 55

predominantly male

UKIP / right wing views

Stay:

well educated with higher qualifications

under 25

male / female

Labour, Lib, Green Left wing views

Can the mods please tell me if the figure on the 'Off Topic' page for this thread is a total number of individual views or does that number include repeat views, I only ask as there have been about 11000 views and only 500 or so replies for IN or OUT.

It includes repeat views.

:shaun:

It includes repeat views.

:shaun:

OK thanks :good:

Leave:

over 55

predominantly male

UKIP / right wing views

Stay:

under 25

male / female

Or.......

Stay:

poor education no qualifications on benefits

under 25

predominantly male

Leave:

well educated with higher qualifications in work and paying taxes

over 55

male / female

UKIP /CON right wing views

Edited by old'un

Leave:

over 55

predominantly male

UKIP / right wing views

Stay:

under 25

male / female

We'll have this rubbish all the time, just trying to make you vote "in" or look an old thicko. The perpetrators are too dumb to realise we're laughing at them :lol: :lol: :lol:

Leave:

over 55

predominantly male

UKIP / right wing views

Stay:

under 25

male / female

Well educated people don't vote labour.

Leave:

over 55

predominantly male

UKIP / right wing views

Stay:

under 25

male / female

'ere, I voetid out. I mite be over 55 and a premidicated male but I got a edyewkashun.

Leave:

over 55

predominantly male

UKIP / right wing views

Stay:

under 25

male / female

No, the demographic, according to The Telegraph, for leave and stay suggests the following split.

You know, the very same Telegraph that Quisling Dave has been using to place his full page ads supporting his position. You must remember the ads? A third of FTSE100 bosses... no mention of the TWO thirds who didn't endorse it. A few EX senior military top brass... nothing from the current incumbents who are probably so ****** off with him slashing their respective services to the bone that a few years ago they'd have probably had him shot for cowardice!!

The simple fact is it doesn't matter how old you are, whether you're male, female or somewhere in between, it doesn't matter if you're a Tory, a Trot or a 'Kipper and it doesn't matter what school or uni you went to.

What matters is if you want to live under a democratically elected UK government, voted in (and out) at a UK election and answerable only to UK citizens.

What matters is if you want to live in a democracy.

Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

'ere, I voetid out. I mite be over 55 and a premidicated male but I got a edyewkashun.

:hmm: you have a time machine

i think the trick with surveys and i am no expert but they tend to be a sample larger than one,

i haven't made my mind up yet the link was just to add something to the debate

this is a vote winner

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/video/2016/feb/24/britains-coming-home-ukip-supporter-puts-new-lyrics-to-three-lions-song-video

Edited by chrisjh

The first is ********, the second makes the assumptions that the UK government would not have brought out similar laws and ignores the EU imposed laws that hamper businesses, the third is pure speculation, as is the fourth.

The 'right to retire in Europe' for example is dependent on which EU country you want to retire to. They all differ in respect of health care and taxes. Total ********!

I disagree, and I could go on a long post explaining why, but I suspect this will not make a bit of a difference. I am not hoping to convince anyone, all I was hoping for was throw some facts in. I just cannot sit by and read all this sensationalism. Thanks for taking the time to read them at least.

They`re not all facts though. Some are just opinions.

Indeed. But there are some undeniable facts there, and there is no hiding from them. Another article, for example, directly confronts the argument made by the 'outsiders' as they should be known, that commonwealth (aka the old colonies most of which through bloody wars kicked the british out of their country and gained independence) countries are waiting a uk exit from the EU so they can trade. Well, apparently not...

Indeed. But there are some undeniable facts there, and there is no hiding from them. Another article, for example, directly confronts the argument made by the 'outsiders' as they should be known, that commonwealth (aka the old colonies most of which through bloody wars kicked the british out of their country and gained independence) countries are waiting a uk exit from the EU so they can trade. Well, apparently not...

Maybe, not apparently.

"would possibly have an adverse impact on investment and movement of professionals to the UK"

"However, even if Brexit forced some Indian businesses to “go directly” to European markets, some advantages of the UK would remain.

“There’s the language issue, and who wants to live in Hamburg if you can live in London?” Guruswamy said."

As much as both camps are arguing the economic implications the truth is no one knows for sure. And at least one economist has said that even if there is a negative impact it will likely only be a very small one.

I`m with Scully on this. I`m willing to take the risk in return for removing the bureacracy of Brussels and gaining back control of our own legislative system.

I`m with Scully on this. I`m willing to take the risk in return for removing the bureacracy of Brussels and gaining back control of our own legislative system.

Once again, I believe you are somehow misled by those who spread inaccurate information. The british parliament has a paper (the one I found is from 2010, but it gives you an idea) that bursts this bubble. Fullfact has a newer study on it. Fight misinformation the only way it matters: by constantly learning about issues you are asked to comment...

Edited by Psyxologos

Once again, I believe you are somehow misled by those who spread inaccurate information. The british parliament has a paper (the one I found is from 2010, but it gives you an idea) that bursts this bubble. Fullfact has a newer study on it. Fight misinformation the only way it matters: by constantly learning about issues you are asked to comment...

"So no set of figures can give us a good measure of the influence of the EU on law in the UK, though all sides agree it's significant."

"So no set of figures can give us a good measure of the influence of the EU on law in the UK, though all sides agree it's significant."

Please define significant. The Westminster paper estimated it between 8% ans 14%, if I remember correctly (I might be wrong). Is this significant?

Please define significant. The Westminster paper estimated it between 8% ans 14%, if I remember correctly (I might be wrong). Is this significant?

That`s a quote from the second article you listed (Fullfact). So you`ll have to ask the author for a definition. :)

Edited by Danger-Mouse