Credit card refund

Lloyd90

Alright lads just after some helpful advice.

I recently bought a jacket from Ardmour, who were very helpful. No fault to them at all. Unfortunately the jacket was too big and the size I needed was out of stock.

I spoke to their returns team who advised me to return the product, which I did.

I originally paid for the jacket on my credit card (I'm building up my points). Between the process of returning the jacket I have paid off my credit card balance (as I do every month).

I have since according to them been refunded on the jacket (£180) on the 26th of February, although I am unsure how this can be put back onto my credit card ?

At the moment my card is saying the balance is NIL. Will it go into positive balance or what not ? Unsure how this works sorry

Thanks for any help.

Lloyd

It should show that you are in credit. I would ring your credit card provider - just to check. I suspect it just hasn't caught up yet.

Probably the case as I know when I pay it off it normally takes a few days to say that it's back to zero.

Thank you Gordon, I shall leave it till Wednesday and see if it updates :)

similarly I was recently duped/ conned (victim of my own greed and stupitity) by a convincing website selling reduced priced barbours, I payed for a jacket which hasnt appeared, I contacted credit card and they said they will look into it, i have delved into website and discovered its based in china with croatian owners, :unhappy: do you reckon I will ever see my yet to be paid money ?

similarly I was recently duped/ conned (victim of my own greed and stupitity) by a convincing website selling reduced priced barbours, I payed for a jacket which hasnt appeared, I contacted credit card and they said they will look into it, i have delved into website and discovered its based in china with croatian owners, :unhappy: do you reckon I will ever see my yet to be paid money ?

Yes, you should. it is the law that if you fall victim of fraud and paid even 1p on credit card, you will be compensated by the credit card company. Guess where this law came from... :)

Yes, you should. it is the law that if you fall victim of fraud and paid even 1p on credit card, you will be compensated by the credit card company. Guess where this law came from... :)

Consumer credit act 1970 something, credit provider is jointly liable.....

thats good news, is there a time limit ?

It may be too late for you but just in case anyone is thinking of ordering a Barbour just take a look at this......amazing!!

Counterfeit websites warning

Barbour jackets

Sadly we have become aware of a number of websites attempting to pass themselves off as legitimate Barbour retailers, including copies of our own website. These websites either simply take customers money and do not supply any product or supply counterfeit items. Often these sites appear to be based in China. Barbour are working closely with the relevant UK and international authorities in an attempt to prosecute the individuals responsible.

If you believe you may have been the victim of fraud or have received counterfeit items we recommend that you contact your card issuer or PayPal for further advice. If you would like Barbour to confirm if an item you have purchased is genuine, please contact their brand protection team. Unfortunately we are only able to assist with orders placed on our websites Outdoorandcountry.co.uk and SmithandMorris.co.uk.

In order to help guarantee your safety and security we use a security certificate provided by the world leading online security company Comodo. The Comodo logo is displayed in the footer of our main pages and in our secure checkout, we recommend you click on this logo to view our certificate details. Many fraudulent websites are using copies of this logo, but in these cases there is no ability to verify the certificate. Only genuine Comodo certificates will have the click through validation. When you are in a secure area of our site you will also see the secure padlock icon in your browser.

The majority of counterfeit sites also use ‘Barbour’ in the website address; therefore please treat any such site with extreme caution. We have listed a number of known sites below, although this list is not exhaustive as we are becoming aware of additional fraudulent sites on a regular basis. In addition Barbour have a website checker tool to enable the authenticity of a website to be checked. We recommend using this tool prior to making a purchase if you have any doubts regarding the site you are purchasing from.

Barbour’s website has useful advice on how to spot fake items as it is becoming increasingly difficult to identify counterfeit product. Our advice is to only purchase Barbour product from authorised retailers.

In addition to counterfeit items being sent from outside the UK we are also aware of a number of counterfeiters operating within the UK, in these cases product is often being sold on auction sites, such as eBay and on market stalls. We reiterate our advice to only purchase Barbour product from authorised retailers.

For further advice on how to stay safe online please see the Government backed Stay Safe Online website.

Sites known to be offering counterfeit product are listed below. In addition Barbour have a website checker tool to enable the authenticity of a website to be checked. We recommend using this tool prior to making a purchase if you have any doubts regarding the site you are purchasing from.

2012barboursale.net barbour-jackets-sale.org barbourjacketwomen.net barboursales.co.uk cheap-barbourjackets.com

barbour.shop-pro.jp barbourjackets-sale.biz. Barbourjk.com barboursale2012.biz cheapbarboursale.org

barbourcoat.co.uk barbourjacketssale.co.uk barbourmall.com barboursale2012.com cheapjackets4sale.com

barbourcoats.biz barbourjacketssale.com barbouroutlet.com barboursaleireland.com discountbarbourjackets.com

barbourjacketlondon.com barbourjacketssale.net barbouroutlet2012.net barbour-sale-jackets.org jacketssale2012.com

barbourjacketscom.com barbourjackets-sale.net barbouroutlets2012.net barboursaleoutlet.biz officialbarbourjacket.com

barbourjacket-outlet.net barbourjacketssale.org barbourquilted.com barboursaleoutlet.com officialbarbourshop.com

barbourjackets.biz barbourjackets-sale.org barbourquiltedjacket.co.uk barbour-sale-outlet.net parkasuk.co.uk

barbourjackets2012.com barbourjackets-sales.net barbourquiltedjacket.com barbour-saler.net salebarbourjackets.com

barbourjacketsale.biz barbourjackets-sales.org barbouroutletsale.com barbour-sales-outlet.org shopbarbourjackets.com

barbourjacketsale.co.uk barboursaleireland.com barbourquilted-jacket.com barboursaleengland.co.uk shopbarbourjackets.com

barbourjacketsale.com barbourjacketsshop.com barbour-quiltedjacket.com barboursjacketsoutlet.net shoppingbarbourjackets.com

barbourjacketsale.net barbourjacketsshop.co.uk barbour-quilted-jacket.com barboursales.com syjacketstore.com

barbourjacketsale.org barbour-jackets-store.com barbourquiltedjacket.net barbours-sale.com tradekey.com

barbourjacketsale2012.net barbourjacketsstore.com barbour-quilted-jacket.org barbours-sales.com ukbarbourjacket.com

barbourjacketsales.com barbourjacketsuk.com barbourquiltedjackets.co.uk barbour.shop-pro.jp ukbarbourshop.com

barbourjacket-sales.net barbour-jackets-uk.com barbour-quiltedjackets.com barbouruk.net ukbarbour-jacket.net

barbourjacketscoats.com barbourjackets-uk.net barbour-quilted-jackets.com barbour-womens-jackets.com ukbarbourjacket.org

barbourjacketslondon.com barbourjacketsuk.org barbourquiltedjackets.net barjacketswomen.co.uk ukbarbour-jacket.com

barbour-jacket.net barbourjacketswomen.biz barboursale.com bar-sales.co.uk uk-barbourjacket.com

barbour-jackets.co.uk barbour-jackets-women.com barbour-sale.com brjackenoutlet.org ukbarbour-jacket.com

barbour-jackets.com barbourjacketswomen.org barbour-sale.com.it broutletsale.org uk-barbour-jacket.net

barbour-jackets.net barbour-jacket-uk.com barboursale.com.org brsale2012.co.uk uk-barbour-jacket.org

barbour-jacket-sale.com barbour-jacket-uk.net barboursale.net buybarbourjacketsuk.com uk-barbour-jackets.org

barbour-jacket-sales.com barbourjacketuk.net barboursale.org buycheapjacket.net ukbarbourshop.com

barbour-jackets-online.com barbour-jacket-uk.org barboursale.org.uk cheapbarbourjackets.com ukbarbour-jacket.net

ukbarbourjacketsoutlet.com barboursales-outlet.co.uk barbourjacketoutletuk.co.uk syjacketstore.co.uk barbourjacketshop.co.uk

barbour-jacketshop.com barbourcom.co.uk barbourcomonline.co.uk barbourproshop.com ibarboursalesoutlet.com

officialbarbour.co.uk Barbourvip.com

Help and FAQ's

Fabric guide

Frequently asked questions

How to care for Barbour jackets

Size and fit guides

Tips for spotting fake websites

thats good news, is there a time limit ?

There is a time limit and I'm not sure what it is (if you paid off the credit not sure if you can still claim but the credit provider shares repaonsibility with the vendor

Not sure it applies to 1p though I thou it was over £50 purchases and doesn't apply to cash advances (remember those chequers they used to post out anything bought on those wasn't protected as they were "cash advances")