Storing a Semi Auto in a Take Down Gun Cabinet

Wingman

Pondering getting a semi for pigeon shooting and seen a lovely Benelli M2 Essential at a good prince. Can anyone tell me if they fit ok in a take down gun cabinet, its all I have at the moment until house renovations are completed. I dont want to be removing recoil pads etc to gain a few inches so want it to fit in easily in its main component parts,

Winchester SX3 is also an option.

Thanks guys!

Barrel will be the longest part, find how long the safe is and if it's longer than the barrel plus a couple of inches to allow for the breach it should be fine

Not true, on many semi auto and pump action shotguns the barrel is shorter than the rest of the gun due to the magazine tube.

Thanks to everyone who offered to measure their "weapons" for me, hopefully I wont end up feeling too inadequate with my small cabinet!! :):):)

I really dont want to get into removing stocks etc so it may be that I'll have to wait until I get a grown up sized safe, but hopefully not.

My m2 fits in my breakdown no problem.

The m2 is shorter than most because they only have a 3 round magazine. I have a 26 inch barrel plus the extra 3inch or so for the part that slides in the action. I have never had issues just take the barrel off and stick the action and barrel away. Mine is a comfortec model. And my safe is a fortify breakdown. Any questions drop me a pm

Edited by cueball

Possibly on a FAC version with an extended tube but on standard guns the barrel is going to be longer.

Ok if I remember when I get home later if I will measure mine and l post the results hopefully others will post there results also because this question keeps coming up.

Possibly on a FAC version with an extended tube but on standard guns the barrel is going to be longer.

Right an Armsan A612 28", overall barrel length 31" and from mag cap to butt 35 1/2" so 4 1/2 inches longer than the barrel. For this you would need a cabinet height of at least 38", a Brattonsound SB2 is 33" so far to small for your average 12G semi.

Edited by sportsbob