ford focus rear wheel bearing

kory1986

Hello lads do any of you have any experience of changing the rear wheel bearing on a ford focus mk2 55 plate 1.6 zetec it looks fairly simple as it has to be changed as a whole unit not just the bearing so there's no pressing involved. Looks like it's literally just take the wheel hub off disconet the abs censor unbolt old wheel bearing unit then bolt on new easy but does any one know if I need to take the rear brake shoes off which I hope not cause I hate doing them those springs are such a pain in the ****.

If you are buying a new hub with the bearings already in place:-

Remove wheel, undo hub nut, release handbrake, pull drum off. Push drum back on, torque new hub nut to 235nm, replace wheel.

If you are buying just the bearings:-

Remove wheel, undo hub nut, release handbrake, pull drum off, remove circlip from bearing, press bearing out, press new bearing in, replace circlip. Push drum back on, torque new hub nut to 235nm, replace wheel.

Remove wheel, undo hub nut, release handbrake, pull drum off. Push drum back on, torque new hub nut to 235nm, replace wheel.

Remove wheel, undo hub nut, release handbrake, pull drum off, remove circlip from bearing, press bearing out, press new bearing in, replace circlip. Push drum back on, torque new hub nut to 235nm, replace wheel.

thanks m8

Just out of interest, Why would you need to remove a hub nut? If the unit is a complete unit, is it not remove wheel, disconect any wiring, remove the securing nuts from behind the hub assembly and draw the unit off?

Does the Focus require leaving the stub axle in situ?

My Cavalier was a complete unit (4 nuts holding it in from behind the drum assembly) and I never had to remove the hub nut? On a rear wheel drive yes! Or if your doing the front end! but on the cavvy it was a doddle!

Just wondering?

Edited by Lord Geordie

Ah I see!

Thanks for that!

Been looking at a 56 plate focus locally, Once I am on better hours I hope to get myself one!

there decent motors m8 it's been my favourite car I had so far it handles great fairly good with petrol on long journeys two you can get a decent one for around 3000 with low miles top spec model