bettensoli dimond sporter

lorrigirl29

Lol....Isnt that a coincidence..... I just came on here to start a thread asking if anybody new where to get replacement parts for Bettinsoli...

I've got a Diamond, the one with the gold inlay woodcock,duck and goose across the faces... My eldest just started shooting last year and just moved from a 20b to a 12b.

Got the diamond for about £150. Its the 2003 model with the age code of BT above the safety catch.

Anyway, its had about 800 shots put through since i got it, and a crack formed this weekend from the rear of the trigger guard up to the safety catch.... Just removed the action this morning and the side leg practically fell off...

After some searching it seems to have been quite a common problem with the type of wood on the older Bettinsoli's...

Its a real shame as the insides are immaculate..

So i tried looking for spare/replacement stock and cant find any.... Not willing to spend that much on it really, but if i could get one for up to £100 i would probably go for it as its in good condition.

So my opinion would now be to say... get the newer model ( especially as its the same price )..... or get a gun where replacement parts are easy to get hold of.... Or spend a bit more and get a Browning/Beretta....

I thought the Alcione one was made by Franchi ???

**** Trust you to notice the difference.lol.lol.lol.

The dog had me up half the night,after having her womb removed,perhaps I was lying too close onthe table and they removed the half with brains in,,,You Are CORRECT SIR..

What was I thinking,god knows,Thanks for that..lol.

Wished you done it more quitely tho.lol.lol.

**** Trust you to notice the difference.lol.lol.lol.

The dog had me up half the night,after having her womb removed,perhaps I was lying too close onthe table and they removed the half with brains in,,,You Are CORRECT SIR..

What was I thinking,god knows,Thanks for that..lol.

Wished you done it more quitely tho.lol.lol.

Sorry :lol:

It's a shame that bettinsolis seem to consistently suffer from problems they're a really nice looking gun. Nearly bought one but ended up buying a winchester select 2. I would think very carefully about getting one now unless it was very cheap. Still it does look great.

My friend has one used it alot when I first got into clay shooting. It liked to fire both barrels from time to time he's had it fully serviced now but it's still done it again put me right off them went for a miroku 3800 must have put easy 5000 cartridges though it since I got it in 2012 never any bother at all

I agree with the previous posts about looking for a lanber. I have had one for 10yrs and have never had any problems with it. I have even had friends offer to buy it (which I have rejected). I borrowed a bettensoli with 30" tubes a few times last year and didn't think it was any better than my lanber. The lanber is a very robust and reliable gun.

Look hard enough and you'll find fault with many different makes of guns. I've owned a second hard Bettinsoli for a couple of years now and love it. Never lets me down and fits really well. Personally I'd be less bothered about the name and go searching for a gun that fits and feels right.