wots the cheapest fibre 30 gr or32 gr out there

I have my box man coming Monday night to design the box these carts are fibre 32 gram in 5.5 2.7mm they are called stone dead and there is a picture of 4 pigeons carrying a coffin and on the back there is a pheasant lying on his back saying wish George had stuck to importing cars instead of making cartridges so what do you all think thanks george

George I really don't like that design concept for the box are you serious about it? From a marketing perspective it does nothing to position your product in terms of quality or value and the graphic design you mention will trivialise the product considerably in comparison to other brands.

Your also opening yourself up to the antis in a big way with the name and design.

Just my view but trust me I have a lot of experience in this area!

Edited by Wingman

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok chaps well I am working on the new powder I have just bought from vectan called d20 se it can do from 28 gram through to 32 gram I have carts in the chicken incubater now set at 21 degrees for conditioning if they prove good the morra I will knock up a hundred or so to shoot a little wood I have up through Berwick over the week end I have my box man coming Monday night to design the box these carts are fibre 32 gram in 5.5 2.7mm they are called stone dead and there is a picture of 4 pigeons carrying a coffin and on the back there is a pheasant lying on his back saying wish George had stuck to importing cars instead of making cartridges so what do you all think thanks george

oh lord...too flippant.Just stick with 'Proper cartridges' ie Proper game cartridges proper clay or similar....trivialising your brand will kill it for a quick laugh??not really a flippant product?...

George your current graphic designer would be better sticking to his day job Pay some one properly to come up with something that looks good does the job ,but keeps the **** off the box .Too much info sounds like bull **** call them some thing simple like "high bird" that covers pigeon and game you could offer 28 / 30 gram in 67 mm and 32 gram 70mm loaded with 6 or 5 shot that's pigeon and game sorted . All you need on the box is a pheasant on one side and a pigeon on the other .

Make plenty of stock can you imagine what it would be like if you wanted cornflakes for breakfast and had to wait for the manufacture to make them ? You would just eat something else ,and that is what is happening to your cartridges . You only have to read the. Forums and most people struggle to find the money for a single slab let alone 5000 . There are 50 times as many people just buying 250-500 as them buying buying 5000 at a time . Good luck hope every thing goes well .

George I really don't like that design concept for the box are you serious about it? From a marketing perspective it does nothing to position your product in terms of quality or value and the graphic design you mention will trivialise the product considerably in comparison to other brands.

Your also opening yourself up to the antis in a big way with the name and design.

Just my view but trust me I have a lot of experience in this area!

wing man can u ring me or pm me your tel number might have something for you thanks George 07714 323 909

George why not pack 250 cartridges loose in the outer container to cut the cost and as for the printing on the cartridge just put proper cartridge 32gram fibre 6 or whatever the load is, fancy boxes and cartridges never killed anything better and stick to 28,30,and 32 gram 5 ,6 or 7 shot these will kill anything from a mini clay to a high pheasant and make lots of them

Hi George,

Personally, I think your 32g 5.5 will make a cracker of a pheasant cartridge, but would prefer a 28g or 30g 6.5 for pigeon to make best use of the 12 bore (and moderate cost) with reasonably open chokes as most pigeon (especially if decoyed) are shot at 30 yards but need to pattern to 40yards for the longer shots.

My preference is 6.5, 7, and 6's for pigeons in that order for a 12.

At present I normally use 28g White Gold Fibre clay cartridges in 7.5it (English 6.5) for pigeons and can usually get them for just shy £200/1000 and they pattern well and kill to 40 yards.

At start of season 6.5 kills pheasant (partridge, crows, woodcock, snipe, pigeon etc) fine but towards end, dropping to your 5.5 32g would be about spot on for the higher pheasants, especially if it's pheasants only shoot.

kind regards

Stone park I wasn't aware gamebore whitgold clay carts were Italian shot sizes. But 7.5 only equates to a 7 English size not a 6.5. Good carts for decoyed pigeons.

Last ones i opened up averaged 28g almost on the nose for average 308 pellets (312 pellets/oz), almost spot on for 6.5.