Dunlop

TONY R

Just watched the programme about the Dunlop dynasty for the second time,

He and his brother William were told they couldn't race because 3 days earlier William senior ( Their dad) was killed in another race,

They both wheeled their bikes onto the grid and there was no way the stewards could get them off,

Young Williams bike wouldn't run properly so couldn't start anyway,

Michael rode like a man possessed and won, then just broke down in tears,

Mcguiness said after Dunlop beat him, he was just going to ride through whoever was in his way,

Glad he seems to have calmed down, the family doesn't need to lose another one to road racing

:shaun:

I have to say this here, Michael Dunlop he is some thing else impressive sub 17 min the first ever you have to give it to the man, he is a Legend already :yes: .

Cant wait for tomorrow see how he does in the supersport N superstocks.

I was talking to my friend the other day when his son pulled up along side me on his supersport bike...I was having a look at it, And I just said to him...How do you ride It!...His reply was..

(Like I stole It)...really made me laugh

Did a Motogp this year, so next yext year for us - hopefully

I would imagine it gets more packed every year...

It's great to see them getting quicker and quicker but it comes with even greater risks.

Sad to hear that two riders have been killed already this year.

I went to the classic TT last year, managed a flying lap in the safety car which was very fun!

Unfortunately Mr Dunlop has been disqualified due to the engine used being illegal, aparently a genuine mistake by his engineer.

Here is the full statement:

STATEMENT ISSUED BY ACU EVENTS LTD

ISLE OF MAN TT RACES - SUPERSPORT RACE 1 POST RACE DISQUALIFICATIONS

ACU Events Ltd can confirm that two competitors have been disqualified from today’s Supersport Race 1 at the Isle of Man TT Races.

Michael Dunlop has been excluded from the results for a technical infringement identified during post race examination.

ACU Events Ltd do not believe that there was a deliberate attempt to gain an unfair advantage and no significant performance advantage was gained.

As a result of this disqualification, Dean Harrison moves up to second place with James Hillier now taking the final podium position.

In addition Rob Hodson, who finished 14th in the same race, has also been disqualified from the race having been found to have been running a significantly oversized engine.

ENDS

I went to the classic TT last year, managed a flying lap in the safety car which was very fun!

Unfortunately Mr Dunlop has been disqualified due to the engine used being illegal, aparently a genuine mistake by his engineer.

Here is the full statement:

STATEMENT ISSUED BY ACU EVENTS LTD

ISLE OF MAN TT RACES - SUPERSPORT RACE 1 POST RACE DISQUALIFICATIONS

ACU Events Ltd can confirm that two competitors have been disqualified from today’s Supersport Race 1 at the Isle of Man TT Races.

Michael Dunlop has been excluded from the results for a technical infringement identified during post race examination.

ACU Events Ltd do not believe that there was a deliberate attempt to gain an unfair advantage and no significant performance advantage was gained.

As a result of this disqualification, Dean Harrison moves up to second place with James Hillier now taking the final podium position.

In addition Rob Hodson, who finished 14th in the same race, has also been disqualified from the race having been found to have been running a significantly oversized engine.

ENDS

The Dunlop thing sounds like a genuine mistake no real gain but the 'significantly oversized engine' is the equivalent to taking drugs

Good to see Hutchy getting a double today, winning both the Supersport and Superstock races. It's hard to believe this lad nearly lost his left leg in an accident 6 years ago, and has had to undergo something like 30 ops to get him back to where he is today.

Good to see Hutchy getting a double today, winning both the Supersport and Superstock races. It's hard to believe this lad nearly lost his left leg in an accident 6 years ago, and has had to undergo something like 30 ops to get him back to where he is today.

Boo Hiss.....shame on you

Posting results when the second race isn't televised until tonight.

Bet that spoilt it for many people :(

:lol: :lol: Its not going to spoil anything shaun you know you will be watching it just the same.

Re the lad with the banned over bored motor, i wonder if its something they just over looked when they rebored the motor perhaps, but the word significantly perhaps implies its a little more than this, could be a used engine they knew nothing about. Duno, what do y all think. ?

Oh I will still be watching it but when they keep putting the split times up and it's getting closer then it does spoil it when you already know the result,

Apparently they check the top 3 bikes as a matter of course then choose random bikes after that, in this particular race they checked 7 bikes, I don't know how many started so don't know the odds of being caught.

In Dunlops case I do believe that it was an oversight as they would have known his bike would have been checked, as for the other guy, only he and his team will know if it was a deliberate act of cheating or not.