Guerini, Opinions?

buze

I've had an Invictus and was not really impressed with it but it shot alright.

I've had a couple of K80's a trap version then a supersport but I'm not getting any younger and they are heavy guns to shoot, a couple of mates have DT11's and they are very nice to shoot and a decent price.

I would go for the DT11 as K80's are well overpriced but you do get excellent service.

My Invictus was a 32" and felt a bit "numb" but another mate has a 30" version and it's a totally different gun. He has always shot Miroku's in the past but was offered a good deal so bought the Invictus.

Edited by BlaserF3

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had an Invictus and was not really impressed with it but it shot alright.

I've had a couple of K80's a trap version then a supersport but I'm not getting any younger and they are heavy guns to shoot, a couple of mates have DT11's and they are very nice to shoot and a decent price.

I would go for the DT11 as K80's are well overpriced but you do get excellent service.

My Invictus was a 32" and felt a bit "numb" but another mate has a 30" version and it's a totally different gun. He has always shot Miroku's in the past but was offered a good deal so bought the Invictus.

Good points. :good:

I think the Invictus could be an absolutely awesome gun with a couple of things put right, the right K80 is an awesome gun too but the awesomest for all round great build quality and value is the DT11.

I have a Maxum 20g 30" which I use for game shooting, love it, just had it stripped and oiled which makes the stock even more pleasing on the eye. It's never missed a beat.

Only downside I had prior to the strip down,was when the gun ever got soaking wet the varnish would not dry the same and become a bit patchy.

Wouldn't stop me buying another though.

People always say about their low secondhand value, but who cares if you get your money's worth out of it before you sell.

Good points. :good:

I think the Invictus could be an absolutely awesome gun with a couple of things put right, the right K80 is an awesome gun too but the awesomest for all round great build quality and value is the DT11.

That statement isnt quite right with the DT11, they are carp with fiber wad cartridges being an 11 bore for most of the barrel. good guns for plaswads. If the DT11 was good with fiber wads id have to agree that its a great gun at a reasonable price. I like the K80 but the new prices are just silly.

I think the Invictus could be an absolutely awesome gun with a couple of things put right

What would you say needs to be put right? I think the standard Invictus 1 is somewhat expensive for a standard grade gun, but like all the CGs It seems a pretty competent performer straight out of the box.

What would you say needs to be put right? I think the standard Invictus 1 is somewhat expensive for a standard grade gun, but like all the CGs It seems a pretty competent performer straight out of the box.

I think the barrels could do with being lighter, say around 1450g and offered with fixed 1/2 & 3/4 chokes, ideally I'd make the rib 9-5mm, get rid of the palm swell and elongate the hand grip area (at present it's too restricted to allow complete freedom), I'd also put grooves either side of the fore end instead of the current shape to make it steadier under recoil and wet conditions (basically a Trap fore end), the pressed action engraving is also a bit of a yawn if I'm honest, full fat comp guns tend to be either black or fairly plain bright steel, given time I reckon I could come up with a sensible idea for that area.

In an absolutely ideal world I'd also make the standard stock slightly higher and the lever thicker and fit Isis Green pads as standard. Some of the suggestions will cost nothing, one or two will actually save money.

Try one before buying. When I handled one I found the grip far to thick fir my hand and the whole thing felt to me like a railway sleeper. But each to his own, however if you are the type of shot who changes guns every couple of years then I believe you would loose far less money with Miroku/Browning/Beretta,

A

I think the barrels could do with being lighter, say around 1450g and offered with fixed 1/2 & 3/4 chokes, ideally I'd make the rib 9-5mm, get rid of the palm swell and elongate the hand grip area (at present it's too restricted to allow complete freedom), I'd also put grooves either side of the fore end instead of the current shape to make it steadier under recoil and wet conditions (basically a Trap fore end), the pressed action engraving is also a bit of a yawn if I'm honest, full fat comp guns tend to be either black or fairly plain bright steel, given time I reckon I could come up with a sensible idea for that area.

In an absolutely ideal world I'd also make the standard stock slightly higher and the lever thicker and fit Isis Green pads as standard. Some of the suggestions will cost nothing, one or two will actually save money.

Many of them come with a trap forend .... I specified one and it was no issue.

The Ascent variants go some way towards suiting your tastes but fixed chokes aren't standard on any UK models. I think in America they have some f/c trap models.

Most competition sporters these days seem to have palm swells, usually more pronounced than CGs and from memory, every 682 & DT I've ever picked up has had a noticeable palm swell. I wouldn't be surprised if palm swells are optional on high end guns but, like most factory makes, CG doesn't offer much customisation

The engraving isn't rolled BTW, it's outsourced to the Giovanelli Studio and is their proprietory laser cut process with hand finishing - which is exactly what Beretta does with the 687 EELL.

So, what about the Eclipse Evo? On the second hand market you find lovely looking guns for around >=£3k -- given I'm part exchanging, it doesn't look /too bad/ a price for a gun that from just the online reviews seems to push quite a bit higher than it's price tag...

Edit: Whoops, seems it's only available in 20&28 bore?!?! I understand it's a primarily game gun but.. Hmm more research needed!

Edit2: Hmmm it's all very confusing, as theres quite a few 12 bore around on the second hand market. So much for 'reviews'

Edited by buze

I was toying of having a Guerini with all this talk of their balance and handling qualities, had hold of one, a 32" Invictus yesterday at the clay ground, must say in direct comparison, side by side, balance, feel and handling did not feel any different or better than my 32" 725 black, to me, and my 725 black had better wood