Cheerio Scotland!

ElvisThePelvis

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People keep banging on about the oil in Scotland they don't own the rights to it. A lot of the oil is piped into England for processing. So they have the whiskey and tourism.

Only a fool would vote to leave the uk.

In some ways I agree with the fool part in voting to leave the UK although a good few of my friends and work collages did but that was there choice but I wont call them foolish. there were far to many answered questions then and even more now.

With regard to the oil from the north sea a lot of it is processed in English & Welsh refinery's but the vast majority comes into Grangemouth (Kinnel terminal) and then shipped elsewhere some even goes to oil ports in Europe for processing. The tax revenue for oil & gas is calculated on the total measured flow as it leaves the various oil & gas platforms.

Could the north sea be split north & south, I doubt it. The oil company's have the licence to drill and produce granted by the UK government and therefore taxed by the exchequer, there is also a whopping tax added to whisky that the government whoever it may be rely wont want to lose.

Could Scotland go it alone, I dont think so but unfortunately 1000`s do and that is democracy as has been said many times on this topic and others around the the leave/stay vote.

For those of us who did not vote for the SNP we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is not enough of strong opposition in Scotland to challenge them unfortunately, its a bit like when the Conservatives had the high ground in the 80`s & early 90`s and Labor struggled to oust them and then the tables turned.

We can all get excited and emotional about our own nationalism but please don`t turn it into a bitterness or hatred for each other

Could Scotland go it alone, I dont think so but unfortunately 1000`s do and that is democracy as has been said many times on this topic and others around the the leave/stay vote.

For those of us who did not vote for the SNP we are stuck between a rock and a hard place. There is not enough of strong opposition in Scotland to challenge them unfortunately, its a bit like when the Conservatives had the high ground in the 80`s & early 90`s and Labor struggled to oust them and then the tables turned.

We can all get excited and emotional about our own nationalism but please don`t turn it into a bitterness or hatred for each other

I hope there is a big difference between politics and people. Behind all the rhetoric are mostly good people all looking for the same thing in life.

I hope there is a big difference between politics and people. Behind all the rhetoric are mostly good people all looking for the same thing in life.

I wholeheartedly agree! But unfortunately all decent Scottish people will be judged by and suffer any consequences from their choice of political leadership.

I'm a big fan of democracy and if Scotland opt to leave UK and jump into abyss then I admire their courage, I for one wouldn't miss paying for their benefits bill, but does anyone who isn't suffering from a life changing brain injury really beleive what Jimmy Krankies ugly sister says about anything? ...