is shooting bad for you

darren m

just wondering , does anyone here suffer from aches and pains because they took up shooting .

does the recoil from shooting/shotgunning week in week out take its tole on our bodies and joints.

asking cause i just had an x-ray of my back and it showed that my middle back area as some very worn lob sided disks between the vertabre , the top and bottom look ok but the middle torso looks fuc@ed

strange this :lol:

i have the same problem

thing is the physio says im not in enough pain for a scan :lol: and puts it all down to an old back injury!!! :lol:

i switched to 24g cartridges for clay shooting and use 28 for game.....its not as bad but i still think i at least deserve a scan :good:

only good thing is that the physio has gone on long term sick leave..... :lol:

i hope its his back :lol:

some shoots suffer from head aches (forget what its called now) and its believed to be to due to the vibrations sent down the stock. there was a cpsa mag article on it a while back.

Intrestingly the blaser f3 sporter is notorious for it, however removing the stock weights stops it.

I understand that heavy clay bashing can give rise to detached retinas and increased chances of strokes - the regular bashing is much akin to doing a lot of boxing but without the flat nose and bad ears. Floating round the net there is some high speed video of the recoil of a shotgun on someone's face and head and it looked like the effects couldn't have been good :good: When the time comes I will be going to 24g loads and the semi auto.

I've had a bad right thumb ever since I took up shooting. Not sure why though?:good:?? recoil?:lol:

Is this like one of those jokes - Doctor Doctor every time I drink a cup of tea I get a stabbing pain in my eye. A: Have you tried taking the spoon out.

Hey, I didn't write that joke so don't shoot the messenger.

I've had a bad right thumb ever since I took up shooting. Not sure why though?:lol:?? recoil?:lol:

Is this like one of those jokes - Doctor Doctor every time I drink a cup of tea I get a stabbing pain in my eye. A: Have you tried taking the spoon out.

Hey, I didn't write that joke so don't shoot the messenger.

no we can't shoot the messenger, we might get an injury! :good:

When I bought my S410 I developed a pain in my trigger and middle finger of my right hand. It was down to the extra weight of the gun when it was being carried.

I also got a pain in my right wrist but that was because I was really excited about getting it!

Wash your mouth out with soap :lol:

I suppose if you're using heavy carts all the time and mounting the gun wrong maybe, can't really say I've done myself any injuries to date. Always been a bit of a wreck B)

ill say nothin :good::lol::/

Wash your mouth out with soap B)

I suppose if you're using heavy carts all the time and mounting the gun wrong maybe, can't really say I've done myself any injuries to date. Always been a bit of a wreck :/

ill say nothin :good::lol::lol:

And keep saying it :yes: I take it you didn't sort anything out today? May go for a lamp in the vehicle tonight if it stops raining :yes: Since walking is out of the question :lol: