Browning Maxus Choke Key

Foxwit

Hi,

I purchased the above from SGC as a used utem and had it sent to my local rfd. Happy with the gun but there's no choke key with it. I did ask if it had all original bits with it and I was told it did. Most likely a genuine mistake does anyone know where I can get a cheap flat key like the one it came with?

Funny must be catching.I bought a Maxus off here a couple of weeks ago and the chokes and key did not arrive with the gun. When I texted he said he was busy and would get back to me, never did. Not had a problem buying off here ever before and met some great people but would not be so trusting again.

Your experience is the more typical and lovely to see!

Funny must be catching.I bought a Maxus off here a couple of weeks ago and the chokes and key did not arrive with the gun. When I texted he said he was busy and would get back to me, never did. Not had a problem buying off here ever before and met some great people but would not be so trusting again.

Your experience is the more typical and lovely to see!

Yep, we're not all bad .......

Thanks to jaymo who is a credit to this site. I've always had great buying experiences on here. And to be honest I have had two items sent out of the kindness of their own hearts. Just to clarify I purchased from sportsman gun centre not on here. Went out for half hour after work two shots and two pigeons!

My Maxus Premium came with a proper Browning T bar choke key, not one of the flat ones. Maybe they are supplied with the composite versions? Also got a trigger lock, replacement sights, hard carry case, chokes and 2" barrel extension half choke.

I'd get back onto the seller and ask them to send you one as you specifically asked if all the accessories were with it.

You could run up quite a bill paying for all those accessories if they were missing.

I got my used Maxus without the stock shim kit and for a few thin pieces of plastic it cost me £25 from Browning!

I bet they don't cost 25p to make.

Chris I did call the Sportsman Gun Centre asking for the bits. I specifically asked when I called them to buy it if all the bits were with it. They conveniently can't recall having the conveesation and won't supply me with the spacers. I asked if they had call recording and to listen back to it as that would clear things up. They avoided the question but I have to assume they don't record calls. Can't say I'd reccomend them. Unfortunatley I can't do anything about it.

Chris I did call the Sportsman Gun Centre asking for the bits. I specifically asked when I called them to buy it if all the bits were with it. They conveniently can't recall having the conveesation and won't supply me with the spacers. I asked if they had call recording and to listen back to it as that would clear things up. They avoided the question but I have to assume they don't record calls. Can't say I'd reccomend them. Unfortunatley I can't do anything about it.

That's a bit poor :(

I suppose that's the problem when you're buying over the phone but then when I got my Maxus I didn't really know what should be in the box and it turned out there was everything apart from the shims.

I've been shooting it for ages with it being far too flat with no rib visible but I've finally got it sorted.

Fantastic gun though :)

Distance selling regs could have sent it back for a full refund ? They may have found the key if you threatened that x

Good idea!

• 1 month later...