Boots (not the chemist)

Deker

I use Hunter Balmoral Neoprene lined boots , purely because I do a fair bit of wildfowling on wet marshland , I find the boots fairly heavy but comfortable , easy to get on , plenty of room around the calves and warm in the cold weather , the down side is , by wearing them a lot you are lucky to get much more than a years use out of them until they start leaking and begin to fall apart .

I've got the leather lined, full length zip ones, can't remember the name. The original zips broke, I had them replaced and they've broken again.

I shan't bother having them replaced for a third time I'll just used them with the popper stud until they give way or they wear out on the sole.

I've had them for quite a few years but I'll look around for something else when the time comes.

Chameau quality has gone right down the pan imo. First pair I had lasted years of hard wearing, now a pair rarely lasts more than a year. I was driving over to the factory every year and bringing back 10 or 15 pairs of seconds for several years, (for mates) and the last couple of lots nearly all failed very quickly compared to earlier purchases. The factory has closed in Brittany now, and production moved to the Far East, but I will be buying Aigle in the future.

Had my Aigles around five six years and they still look perfect. The lining has worn at the heels inside and that's it. Will buy another pair when they eventually go. A few mates have le chamaux and the older ones lasted the new ones have cracked across the tops of toes where they bend when you walk. Not the same qaulity rubber they once were.

Edited by figgy

Wellingtons or leather (lace up) boots?

probably Wellingtons.

Thanks for the info, I'll have a look at Aigles as well, Figgy did you buy local?

EDIT:

After a quick look online I like the look of the Parcours 2 Vario from Aigle, now just need to try a pair on.

Edited by Deker

Aigle full zips are great - you just need to keep the zips clean, lubricated, and you wont have any issues, if you aren't trying them on I would go for a size smaller than your normal as they come up big. As for boots I am a huge fan of Meindels - believe it or not I have had mine 10 years, again look after them and they will age well. This shall be their last year however don't think I can complain