Dismantling the "Jungle"

TIGHTCHOKE

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

France should either have dealt with them as they entered French soil or stopped them entering and sent them back whence they came.

This is the problem I highlighted a couple of weeks back. No country is prepared to take responsibility for registering them in case they remain there as a burden to that country. As a result you've got whole boatloads of them sinking their boats on sight of an Italian or Greek naval vessel so that they can be 'rescued'. Once the naval vessels pick them up they are in the system and will be processed more quickly than the ones hanging about around Calais.

First I should say that I am against letting to many of them come in to our country but if you look at it another way they have left there own country and risked there life many times to try and get over to this country.

I do not think that it is benefits and hand outs that drives them to travel all of that way when you think lots of British borne people find it hard to get out of bed and go and sign on I have to think that given a chance lots of these people would soon find jobs and be paying there own way just my thoughts.

+1 these people don't want hand outs they want work and opportunities I would start with the likes of the underground staff and firemen these are areas of mass overpayment give these immigrants the jobs they will work twice as hard for half the pay

+1 these people don't want hand outs they want work and opportunities I would start with the likes of the underground staff and firemen these are areas of mass overpayment give these immigrants the jobs they will work twice as hard for half the pay

You are really proposing to sack people who are employed in good well paid jobs in order to give economic migrants those jobs and pay them substantially less?

What are your political leanings Chris, are you a communist?

Following the "logic" of chrisjh - I use the term loosely, as he clearly doesn't know the meaning - we should sack all workers in this country and invite immigrants to do the job instead. Twice the output for half the pay. Soon the country will be rich.

Burnley Dave has a worthy successor.

Where do you get that reasoning from? Have you any links or pointers to the source of information to back up that first sentence?

I would be very surprised if there was any significant change in the number of migrant workers coming to Britain in the next 20 years..in fact there would possibly be more.

bona fide refugees is a different matter, as a developed nation we have a moral obligation to accept our fair share as do every other civilised western society.

I would be very surprised if there was any significant change in the number of migrant workers coming to Britain in the next 20 years..in fact there would possibly be more.

bona fide refugees is a different matter, as a developed nation we have a moral obligation to accept our fair share as do every other civilised western society.

But to accept a fair share of those genuinely in need. Not those who have cast off their personal history and managed to negotiate seven safe countries to claim that they can only settle in the UK. Australia is sending out the right message. "Don't even try and come here illegally because you are not welcome." They leave them stewing in basic camps in inhospitable places like Papua New Guinea until they plead to be taken back from wherever they are from.

The UK could do the same. Set up camps in inhospitable places such as Essex or Scotland and put all the economic migrants in there. :lol:

bona fide refugees is a different matter

And therein lies the problem. The minute anyone tries to establish bona fides, an idiot cries foul and starts spouting drivel about human rights.

No passports, no documents, no idea if they are wanted criminals, terrorists etc.

When they throw away their documents, even the most charitable person should wonder why.

we have in the UK layers of individuals who have secured (usally via some nepotistic route) jobs in the likes of transportation London underground is a good example who do very little for very well yet are paid well with great holidays and benefits, firemen are at best semi skilled and again want paying a kings ransom for little work, why would we not displace these individuals with people desperate to work.

we have in the UK layers of individuals who have secured (usally via some nepotistic route) jobs in the likes of transportation London underground is a good example who do very little for very well yet are paid well with great holidays and benefits, firemen are at best semi skilled and again want paying a kings ransom for little work, why would we not displace these individuals with people desperate to work.

Because if we do not let these ineligible people in to this country we will not have to find them work by sacking others who grew up here!

chrisjh - I find it impossible to accept that any rational human, with a shred of intelligence, would make simplistic generalisations such as the ones you make. I retract my remark about Burnley Dave - he was a lot more intelligent than you.

You are either not very bright or posting merely to stir up trouble. There is no third option.

Are you serious? Agent provocateur.....

chrisjh - I find it impossible to accept that any rational human, with a shred of intelligence, would make simplistic generalisations such as the ones you make. I retract my remark about Burnley Dave - he was a lot more intelligent than you.

You are either not very bright or posting merely to stir up trouble. There is no third option.

is the third option you are just stupid ?

I don't see any problem we have a culture within the UK of people who expect to be well paid for little return, I assume you sympathise with the unions and those who have a nice well paid job but we cant get a full days work from them.

There is no third option. Why don't you quit trolling and go somewhere specifically for "special" people like yourself?

I though "Trolling" was a form of online bullying where the weak were humiliated for being fat, ugly, slow .............................................. :lol: sorry Gorden which one are you or are you all 3

is the third option you are just stupid ?

I don't see any problem we have a culture within the UK of people who expect to be well paid for little return, I assume you sympathise with the unions and those who have a nice well paid job but we cant get a full days work from them.

I'm still waiting for you to show where you have got your information from about most potential immigrants wanting to take jobs and not benefits. I asked earlier and am asking again.

I don't know where to start with this. I've read some of your posts and watched people accuse you of trolling and thought "he's probably just different", but I'm now left thinking they were right, why else would you post such ludicrous, inflammatory posts?