Fed up with Avon and Somerset

Shepe

Sent my SGC application of 17 weeks ago today, was told early on in the process it would take 16 weeks and that was also reinforced when the FEO came out for the visit. Phoned them last week after finally finding a number I could get through on and was told it's all signed off just waiting for someone to produce the certificate and send it out. Perhaps wrongly expecting it to turn up within a few days I went out and put a deposit on a Gun this weekend, and have been eagerly awaiting the postman, who so far hasn't delivered, getting a bit fed up with this I called them again today to be told a week later that it's still awaiting someone to produce the certificate. So frustrating! Not really sure where I'm going with this just needed to rant!

17 weeks doesn't sound too bad, Mine took nearly ten months from handing the application in to getting a home visit but I'm South Yorkshire, and that was with a few phone calls and emails, cert didn't arrive for another 3 weeks after that, if they say it's all signed off etc then shouldn't be too long for you hopefully, if in doubt just keep phoning them, best of luck 👍

I was absolutely fine with waiting up to this point on all honesty I'd put it to the back of my mind and assumed it would be on the 16 week mark as they had previously told me. After calling them I wrongly got the impression that because it was all signed off and just awaiting production it would be with me in a day or 2. Was quite disheartening to call them again today a week later and find out it's basically not got any further forward. But yeah I'm sure it will turn up in the next week or 2 and I can forget all about this process for 5 years!

I was absolutely fine with waiting up to this point on all honesty I'd put it to the back of my mind and assumed it would be on the 16 week mark as they had previously told me. After calling them I wrongly got the impression that because it was all signed off and just awaiting production it would be with me in a day or 2. Was quite disheartening to call them again today a week later and find out it's basically not got any further forward. But yeah I'm sure it will turn up in the next week or 2 and I can forget all about this process for 5 years!

mine took 6 months with tvp once i was told it was granted and awaiting printing it took 3 weeks