gunsmith in northeast england area for barrel work

remmy1100

anyone recommend a gunsmith/engineer that can carry out a barrel shortening and rethread/crown ive emailed emma,s custom rifles in darlington to see if they can but if anyone's had this done in northeast and recommends someplace please let me know my mate had his done at weldon and something isnt right with it if he uses it with sak mod he had on it its fine if he puts brand new sak on it changes zero if he tries mine on its fine if i try his new sak on my .22 its fine cant figure ,but dont want go there so any suggestions thanks

+1 for dave at bowtech birtley.

done my cz that I bought S/H was spot without mod fitted but as soon as I screwed on a mod the round was clipping the inside of the mod ,took to daves and straight away with his naked eye said threads are out of true left it with he cut it down rethreaded it ect cracking little gun again and only took 2 days

Best be quick dave is retiring

is his son not going to carry on

never tried bowtec but heard good reports,also alan maughan,was up at his the other week did some minor work on a stock for me that i didnt really have the confidence to do,hes building rifles for si-snipe and others ,really nice bloke and obviously knows his stuff