BASC or countryside Alliance?

Bry-M

I've been a member of BASC now for 5 years, however I'm signed up to receive emails from CA. It seems they are far more vocal in their support of shooting and more pro-active in their stance regarding anti's etc.

I've not yet really looked into the benefits of joining but thought I'd ask on here what the consensus seems to be.

Why have you chosen one over the other, experiences of them etc?

I belong to both.

BASC solely represents shooting, whereas the CA represents a whole gambit of countryside issues, all of which affect me.

You are right, the CA has become very proactive on shooting issues in recent years and are doing a very good job at it.

On the whole I feel that the CA has the edge on representing shooting issues, but since the BASC recently introduced their legal insurance cover I feel their insurance package is better.

If you are only interested in insurance, go BASC, if you want shooting representation at a national and international level go CA.

I go with BASC and although their costs pain me I do feel that they do far more for shooting and field sports than any of the others, they have not only been first to respond when tragedy has struck etc but I cant say I have actually ever seen or herd of the others doing press releases or interacting with government etc. Therefore I stump up the cash but I do wish the insurance was £20 cheaper.

ATB

Matt