• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive had mine 16 years. Same one ;)

Hopefully mine lasts as long!

3396D583-3288-44E2-8852-B64D48A759FE_zps

33BD318B-BEB0-4F09-AD27-7E7FEDE66D98_zps

This is the floor that's opened up. It was covered by plastic sheeting and had only been uncovered as decorating has finished in that room so I had a proper look at it today. It has opened up more than the tongue on one joint. Shone torch and low and behold, a pipe. Should of been lagged.

Thats definatly day work,lawyer....been caught by them in past,get regular payment,they dont care cause they know you cant afford to fight them and will dock money or be late paying then with a final offer,hate em.

I hope it all goes well,take photos ready for your website.

Make sure you have in writing what you are doing for how much and when payments are and an agreed spec as was previous mentioned.

I'm no chippy but I have to ask a question, are pellets meant to make the fixings invisible? Do you have to match the grain with the floorboards?

that is there intended purpose, you try best as to match grain, my view in large numbers they become a "feature" due to there regularity and straight lines.

Thats definatly day work,lawyer....been caught by them in past,get regular payment,they dont care cause they know you cant afford to fight them and will dock money or be late paying then with a final offer,hate em.

I hope it all goes well,take photos ready for your website.

Make sure you have in writing what you are doing for how much and when payments are and an agreed spec as was previous mentioned.

To be honest so far they are one of the best clients I've worked for. The lady asks when I want paying and pays me asap and if I say I need a tool for a job then she says we will buy it.. They would pay me daily if I asked. He has an interest in woodwork and has a wall mounted tool cabinet with lie Nielsen planes, Ashley lies chisels etc etc. I really don't mean to blow my own trumpet but he appreciates what I can do as the previous chippys didn't do the best of jobs. Can't beat a client who appreciates what you do. He just said that they want the job done properly. I dread the day the job finishes! And of course, it will all be phortographed. Many thanks Edited by winnie&bezza

I'm pretty convinced on that pic that it's fitter error. No way was it left to acclimatise in the conditions . Easy fix tho as you'll use all the cuts and work your way back or in our case you'd make a bigger board .

There is 2 stacks of boards. One that's been there a year and one 6 months. They are downstairs where it's quite warm. Those laid floors are upstairs and those pipes have obviously subjected to a heat it has never had.

A323E015-41BC-402F-80A6-1145EE435CEA_zps

And the way those boards are stacked they will shrink.....no free passage of air and im guessin they havent been moved cince they were put there.....have you got floor clamps?? If not get some helps get things tight before you fix,,

The boards do have 12mm spacer batons in between each layer. Nope they haven't been moved. Yes I've got a couple of floor cramps and they are vital. Couldn't do it without them. Cheers

Do you have the blue record jaw clamps?? Just askin as i was at an auction last year loads of guys looking at this pair but didnt know what they were....so i bought them fir 15quid then told them....lol to be fair it was a machinery auction and i was lookin for a dumper...but a bargin is a bargin....

Do you have the blue record jaw clamps?? Just askin as i was at an auction last year loads of guys looking at this pair but didnt know what they were....so i bought them fir 15quid then told them....lol to be fair it was a machinery auction and i was lookin for a dumper...but a bargin is a bargin....

That's a bargain

No these are made by faithful.

Having read this thread, and whilst I love the look and feel of a wooden floor, I'm reminded why I bought amtico :lol:

LOL. I bought the wood 20m thick oak.

First complaint was from the former owner (Duchy) who wanted local materials. I bought the OAK from London but it was grown in Russia. :lol:

Next some of the joists were uneven and had worm so had to be treated and then individually leveled (lots of time).

Hung insulation underneath but no details of the treatment around the underfloor vents so had to go back to Arch and hold job up for a week whilst they worked out how to treat them.

Looks good now but iron will react with the wood leaving black marks (cast iron bed legs), and the wash treatment is £50 for 5l from Osmo. :unhappy: