Saturday morning sport

Dunkield

I have never tried an early start on on this piece of land, so I thought I would give the bunnies an early morning wake up call, instead of blinding with the lamp once a week.

Got up at 04:00 ( :lol: ) dithererd about a bit, then got my *** into gear and into the car and over the land.

I arrived at the g**f course at about 4:40, it was already light but there was fair old mist covering the place - good for cover I thought.

I intended to walk as much as possible, so I travelled a light and had good scummy arround.

They were fairly jumpy so a bit of crawling about soon started to see them drop.

At one point, I had 3 in front of me in a triangle no more than 15ft across.

I dropped the right one hoping the left hand one would still be there, but both of them carried on eating!

So a quick reload click/whack, reload click/whack and all 3 were dead where they had sat :D

Ended up with 9 + a squiz, not bad for an hour and bits work.

I was back at the car just before 6am.

Ten minutes later I heard a lawnmover coming so it was time to get home and back into bed - aahhhh

Woke up again at 10am and mrs stuartp said "oh it's a lovely morning" but the wabbits were in the boot of the car still with the sun belting down on it :lol:

Great morning, will definitly give that a go again - waterproof boots next time I think though :good:

HPIM1812__Medium_.JPG

This is the sort of sight we miss when we are laying in bed.

HPIM1818__Medium_.JPG

HPIM1817__Medium_.JPG

Lovely stuart. :good:

Its good to be out with the early bird. :lol:

Nice bag of bunnys, did you manage to skin them all? :lol:

Frank.

Thanks lads,

Frank, we kept 4 so we can have 'Hot Cross Bunny Curry' a personal favourite.

The dog had one of the others, the rest went the same way as the squirrel - it's quite difficult to get rid of them round our way.

Funnily enough I can't stand the smell gutting bunnies, makes me want to :D every time.

I can gut fish 'til the cows come home.

As I did these cold they seemed a lot easier to deal with, you still get the smell but I am thinking it may just have been the warmth all along? :lol:

Lovely stuart. :good:

Its good to be out with the early bird. :lol:

Nice bag of bunnys, did you manage to skin them all? :lol:

Frank.

Thanks lads,

Frank, we kept 4 so we can have 'Hot Cross Bunny Curry' a personal favourite.

The dog had one of the others, the rest went the same way as the squirrel - it's quite difficult to get rid of them round our way.

Funnily enough I can't stand the smell gutting bunnies, makes me want to :D every time.

I can gut fish 'til the cows come home.

As I did these cold they seemed a lot easier to deal with, you still get the smell but I am thinking it may just have been the warmth all along? :lol:

I posted a gutting video today. I was standing right over the bucket he was emptying the guts into. I nearly puked from the smell :D

:blush: The ONLY thing I have fond that gets that smell off your fingers is the magic stainless steel soap bar and even that struggles!

:blush: I know exactly what you mean Stuart. :blush:

Its rather a fishy sorta smell :blush::blush:

Bleach is good too, but then you stink of bleach for days after too. :blush:

Frank.

Excellent pics!

I agree it's the best time of the day... I enjoy it so much, I regularly head out fishing at 04.30-05:00 not a soul around.. all the wildlife going about its normal business and the mist rising from the ground.

:blush: Life couldn't be better :blush:

Well done Stuart. :angry:

I also love the mornings, especially at this time of year when things are so quiet.

I'd much prefer a morning stalk to an evening one.

There's something special about watching the sun come up on a summer morning. :lol:

Mark.

Well done Stuart. :angry:

I also love the mornings, especially at this time of year when things are so quiet.

I'd much prefer a morning stalk to an evening one.

There's something special about watching the sun come up on a summer morning. :drool:

Mark.

:drool::lol::P

I went back this morning, met Fullchoke there at 04:00 :good: B)

It was still great being up at that time, but the sun didn't come in the same way and there was no mist, we got 7 or 8 before the greenkeeper arrived.

We saw 4 foxes (which I am not allowed to shoot) patrolling up and down which were making the wabbits very jumpy.

I will go back next week one evening with the lamp to mix it up a bit.

As I didn't take the camera, this morning here is a consolation picture from a dog walk this week.

How about this for a back garden? this is just one small section of it - I make it 9 in the picture and there were plenty more.

And no, the owner doesn't shoot B)

B) The ONLY thing I have fond that gets that smell off your fingers is the magic stainless steel soap bar and even that struggles!

:o I know exactly what you mean Stuart. B)

Its rather a fishy sorta smell :good: :o

Bleach is good too, but then you stink of bleach for days after too. B)

Frank.

All you need to do is buy a box of surgeons latex gloves (lasts for months and months) and you won't get this problem.

Keep a couple in the pocket of your jacket and that's it.

Don