A nice piece of wood?

Mentalmac

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on something.

I run a trade magazine called 'The Delicatessen Magazine' and it's a B2B publication that goes to deli's and farm shops around the country showcasing new and interesting products etc...

We often get samples sent to us and I often try to photo these and put them on our social media, however I'm trying to source a piece of wood with nice grain to put them on, like a old, or used rustic chopping board or something if you know what I mean?

It's just hard to know what to look for or where? Anyone have a old nice bit of wood knocking about that might polish up well?

Cheers all!

Chris

Hi All!

I was wondering if anyone would be able to advise me on something.

I run a trade magazine called 'The Delicatessen Magazine' and it's a B2B publication that goes to deli's and farm shops around the country showcasing new and interesting products etc...

We often get samples sent to us and I often try to photo these and put them on our social media, however I'm trying to source a piece of wood with nice grain to put them on, like a old, or used rustic chopping board or something if you know what I mean?

It's just hard to know what to look for or where? Anyone have a old nice bit of wood knocking about that might polish up well?

Cheers all!

Chris

I'm sure I can sort you something out mate.

Got all sorts at work, what sort of size are you after?

Ah, wicked, thanks Poontang!!!

Anything really, just something rustic with a grain so it would look nice with a bit of cheese on it or something if that makes sense? Light or dark, anything at all lol.

Size wise, whatever is easiest :-). Chopping board size min I suppose, else I won't get it in a photo, but larger the better :-).

Must meet up soon anyhow!

Ah, wicked, thanks Poontang!!!

Anything really, just something rustic with a grain so it would look nice with a bit of cheese on it or something if that makes sense? Light or dark, anything at all lol.

Size wise, whatever is easiest :-). Chopping board size min I suppose, else I won't get it in a photo, but larger the better :-).

Must meet up soon anyhow!

No worries, leave it with me, I'll have a look tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure I've got a lump of 15th century oak lying around if that's rustic enough?

Let me know if you get stuck.

Oak, sapele , ash, pine etc all sitting there .

I have some beech butchers block sat there too .

Cover the postage will do

TT, you're a good guy! Don't matter what the others say, haha :-). I remember you from the shooting camping weekend (forget name after a few beers!)