Lions squad announced

novice cushie shooter

Props: Dan Cole, Tadhg Furlong, Joe Marler, Jack McGrath, Kyle Sinckler, Mako Vunipola.

Hookers: Rory Best, Jamie George, Ken Owens.

Locks: Iain Henderson, Maro Itoje, Alun Wyn Jones, George Kruis, Courtney Lawes.

Back rows: Taulupe Faletau, Ross Moriarty, Sean O'Brien, Peter O'Mahony, CJ Stander, Justin Tipuric, Billy Vunipola, Sam Warburton ©.

Scrum-halves: Conor Murray, Rhys Webb, Ben Youngs.

Fly-halves: Dan Biggar, Owen Farrell, Jonathan Sexton.

Centres: Jonathan Davies, Robbie Henshaw, Jonathan Joseph, Ben Te'o.

Back three: Elliot Daly, Leigh Halfpenny, Stuart Hogg, George North, Jack Nowell, Jared Payne, Tommy Seymour, Anthony Watson, Liam Williams.

Absolutely ridiculous that there aren't more Scots on the plane considering how well we did in the Six Nations. Would love to see Gatland's justification for taking the whole Wales back row and not Hamish Watson after he walked all over them not too long ago. I didnt expect 10 from scotland but 2?? Wow.

The number of Welsh is shocking considering how they played in 6 nations. Joe Launchbury was my man of the tournament so am gutted for him. With Gatland as coach he was always going to favour the Welsh.

Does being picked for the Lions mean as much nowadays with the main focus on the World Cup?

Mike Brown wouldn't pass the ball to save a bus load of children. Other than experience what he offers is limited, a good carrier on his day but not much else imo.

Launchbury not being given the nod is shocking though - man was a machine in the 6 Nations.

That is a shocking squad. I'd have thought at least one of the Gray brothers would have been in; they've both been immense, especially at the breakdown. I don't see he can justify that number of welsh inclusions after a spectacularly mediocre six nations and a hopeless autumn series. What was all that about picking players on merit?

Disagree with those thinking Brown should have been there as he has been pretty dire for a while.

As for the selection overall its too Welsh biased as i feared in a previous thread.Roberts getting a shout irks and Dan Biggars inclusion astounding.

Pretty sure we are getting a pumping and a severe lack of flair and creativity by the looks.

Disagree with those thinking Brown should have been there as he has been pretty dire for a while.

As for the selection overall its too Welsh biased as i feared in a previous thread.Roberts getting a shout irks and Dan Biggars inclusion astounding.

Pretty sure we are getting a pumping and a severe lack of flair and creativity by the looks.

Agree with the Brown comments and I was surprised to see as many welshmen (but pleased). The rest i disagree with.

Launchbury and Jonny Gray should be in. Kruis is lucky to be in as he hasn't played for a while. I also agree Hamish Watson was a stand out player for Scotland but gatland was always going to be Welsh heavy. Would also rather have seen Ringrose rather than Teo as he is far more dynamic. They will flair so pleased Robert's wasn't in as he didn't play much in the 6 nations and has been pretty poor for Quins

Ever since i have taken an interest in the lions tours I have had no issue with the lack of scots included however this time I'm really annoyed to the point where I won't be watching. I just can't see why Wales have so many players picked.