New McDonald's advert

winnie&bezza

If you take the advertisement away from the product you see it in a different light in the sense that the child makes a connection with his father he never knew.However to use it to promote a brand was wrong. It is however,possible that they knew they would get this reaction & it brought them into the spotlight in a big way even if for the wrong reasons.To them it was probably worth the risk as it wont do any long term damage to the Brand.Had it been any ordinary McD advert it wouldn't of got any coverage at all on social media.They are quite clever/ruthless these advertising agents.Whens the last time PW got talking about McDonalds??

Edited by Davyo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I reluctantly watched it on youtube, reluctant, because I am really sick of these people who keep finding things offensive, I don't actually think they do, they just want to attack symbols of capitalism.

It was completely non offensive, a bit dopey, but what advert isn't?

What has annoyed me is that mcdonalds have apologised, never apologise to unreasonable stupid people.

I am a big customer of mcdonalds, and have been for 30 years, I will go out of my way to have a big mac meal tomorrow.

So I reluctantly watched it on youtube, reluctant, because I am really sick of these people who keep finding things offensive, I don't actually think they do, they just want to attack symbols of capitalism.

What has annoyed me is that mcdonalds have apologised, never apologise to unreasonable stupid people.

I am a big customer of mcdonalds, and have been for 30 years, I will go out of my way to have a big mac meal tomorrow.

You serious?

I very rarely moan or get offended by things and usually just let things go over my head but that ad was stupidly insensitive. Only an complete idiot would think it's suitable for a fast food advert.

Enjoy your Big Mac meal haha

Edited by winnie&bezza

just let me try to get my head around this . in your opinion , i dont actually find it offensive , im just trying to attack a symbol of capitalism ? , and im also a stupid and unreasonable person ?.

you really are something special , your deranged ramblings often make me wonder what on earth goes through you mind.

Just watched it, thought it was a lovely advert.

i really hope , that as you grow older , your life doesnt take the same path as mine , and one or two other pw members ,but if it does , you might begin to understand why myself and other members dont find the ad very tasteful .

So I reluctantly watched it on youtube, reluctant, because I am really sick of these people who keep finding things offensive, I don't actually think they do, they just want to attack symbols of capitalism.It was completely non offensive, a bit dopey, but what advert isn't?What has annoyed me is that mcdonalds have apologised, never apologise to unreasonable stupid people.I am a big customer of mcdonalds, and have been for 30 years, I will go out of my way to have a big mac meal tomorrow.

Jesus what are they putting in the burgers?

you want to get out more, if an advert for a hamburger based on a nice mans fictional life, offends you. jeez.

p.s. I was referring to those that have put in 'official' complaints to mcdonalds, not people on here.

It's not that it offends me it's a case of *** put that as a subject for a burger advert.

Imagine a widow with a young child sitting down that evening and that comes on and then she sees it's a fast food ad. If it's women who have lost husbands/partners that have complained, then they have every right to.

I don't believe that any normal person would waste their time in complaining, the only insult is thinking that someone would be offended by it, saying a widow would be in bits over this advert is beyond silly, its like saying that the media should stop showing nappy adverts with smiling new born babies in them, as they could offend someone who has just suffered a cot death or something terrible.

We live in very odd times, a few people with an ulterior motive can impose censorship.

I don't believe that any normal person would waste their time in complaining, the only insult is thinking that someone would be offended by it, saying a widow would be in bits over this advert is beyond silly, its like saying that the media should stop showing nappy adverts with smiling new born babies in them, as they could offend someone who has just suffered a cot death or something terrible.

We live in very odd times, a few people with an ulterior motive can impose censorship.

Oh come on! Listen to yourself! Comparing a product that is very much needed for a baby to using a death of a parent to promote unhealthy food. Laughable.

Not once have I ever complained about anything on TV.

McDonald's burgers are blooming horrible,just full of beef favouring and no way 100% beef.Like eating a flip flop between two old sponges,full of grease and salt.Should be tighter controls on the sale of this muck.

Edited by Davyo

McDonald's burgers are blooming horrible,just full of beef favouring and no way 100% beef.Like eating a flip flop between two old sponges,full of grease and salt.Should be tighter controls on the sale of this muck.

You may not like them, but they're 100% beef.

We supply some of their fries ... guess what ... we make them from whole potatoes !! Our quality is as we speak being assessed in Munich against Mac fries from the rest of Europe ... they take quality extremely seriously and given the volumes they sell I believe they do a great job.

If you don't like it, don't eat it ... but please don't talk bile.

You may not like them, but they're 100% beef.

We supply some of their fries ... guess what ... we make them from whole potatoes !! Our quality is as we speak being assessed in Munich against Mac fries from the rest of Europe ... they take quality extremely seriously and given the volumes they sell I believe they do a great job.

If you don't like it, don't eat it ... but please don't talk bile.

I don't,only been in once and the poor underpaid kid got the order wrong twice.My fault for odering three things I suppose.100% beef my ****,and if never of guessed the fries where potatoes as could stay anything for salt.

plenty taking pictures like this too.

Picture looks unlikely to be a McD's store. They have a fries holding station next to the fryer with heat lamps ... not visible in this picture. Our local stores have staff in beige type uniforms now too .. they undergo a rigorous audit process that keeps stds to a level.

Don't get me wrong ... I've been the victim of some carppy service before, but I think you'll find true reality is less sensational that you'd like to portray.

Edited by Smokersmith

you went from it being rubbish food, straight into an exploitative wage scenario, with the server having a low iq.The kitchen picture you have uploaded is not mcdonalds, mcdonalds is very clean.

It is a picture of Mcfilth or would you prefer one with the red chip holders all over the floor.I didn't say the young lad had a low IQ,you made that assumption.I said he got the order wrong because he clearly wasn't listening.

As far as wages go,McD's is just the brand,the stores are owned by consortiumums.With a high proportion of workers on Zero hour contracts.

Edited by Davyo