feral pigeon pest control

getthegat

Hi, anyone out there ever done feral pigeon pest control in buildings for a price? I offered a site manager to clear some birds out of a building that is going to be developed. He is having problems with ferals and says every time they destroy a nest, another one gets built. I said you need to shoot them and offered to go along with my air rifle and with his permission, get rid of some. He's come back and said yes please and wants a quote! I was happy to get a shoot, but wonder what the going rate might be. Any ideas guys? Cheers

Personally I would do it for free.

Doing it for reward brings in other aspects ie insurance etc.

I would do what you can to stop them gaining entry but shoot them on sight safely and whenever you can.

Good sport and longer lasting while you keep numbers down and under some control.

Great advise, cheers. I do feel it should be a free-be as a shoot is a shoot and it may lead to more or other connections and I'm not a professional pest controller. I want to be safe and not fill the place with holes or get a come back complaint for what ever reason. I know how to keep solid objects behind each birds when I shoot and for a fun few hours....with no money attached, the pressure will not be there. I'll let you know how it pans out. I'm also out on a cross drilled crop of peas and barley saturday morning which is being hit hard by Woodys, so at the moment I'm getting all the shooting I can handle. All winter and most of spring I got next to nothing. Typical but not complaining. :good:

I used to do feral control on 2 Catholic Churches in sheffield, never took payment even though Father Adrian tried to pay. He used to bring us a bottle of communion wine as a thankyou.

This was years ago and father Adrian seemed a little light light on his feet so to speak, and I'll never forget the occasion when he said he was going to let us in his back passage 😯 I don't know to this day how we kept it together. We had tears rolling down our faces trying to stifle our laughter 😂😂

So I went along and looked over the development this afternoon, sussed out where the birds are and where they can get in (just about everywhere and anywhere) and I can have free rain over the place any time I want. As for the money side of things, I said to give me a few quid for a tin of pellets; the guy said no way and is getting me a "wad" from the developer! Blinding result :yes: