Sword sticks and the law

Twistedsanity

Pepperspray would certainly be a step in the right direction. Last time I looked it was freely available over the counter in France and widely available throughout the European mainland and I'm not aware of the 'rivers of blood' with its use that some seem to think happen when the general public are trusted with such things :rolleyes:

But, but what about the scrotes being able to buy it I hear you bleat? Well would you rather be hit in the face by pepperspray, legitimately manufactured to be non-lethal and limited in strength, or a Jif lemon filled with bleach, ammonia or even battery acid that they use at the moment? :/

Exactly. I want to be able to retaliate if the need arises, and even if I became a victim it wouldn't be a compulsory one, as is now the case.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scully,

Pepper Spray and CS are incapacitants. If it were legal and freely available I have no doubt the instance of it being used in crime would go through the roof.

A quick spray would render someone helpless to they could be robbed, burgled, assaulted, raped or worse.

I don't think it would be a good idea.

Harry

Scully,

Pepper Spray and CS are incapacitants. If it were legal and freely available I have no doubt the instance of it being used in crime would go through the roof.

A quick spray would render someone helpless to they could be robbed, burgled, assaulted, raped or worse.

Harry

So you would prefer a face full of bleach/ammonia/battery acid that criminals currently use?!

Scully,

Harry

Like everyone else, whenever arming oneself for self defence is mentioned, you assume they would be freely available to all. The mention of guns gets everyone rambling on about the Wild West and gunfights in the street and the ok corral.

I can't think why they would or should be freely available to all ( unlike knives of course ) but instead be available under licence after strict and thorough background checks are made, just like firearms licensing.

The police have them so why shouldn't law abiding civilians if they so wish? What are you afraid of?

The continentals don't seem to be inundated with pepper spray wielding criminals as far as I'm aware.

The above rules wouldn't however apply to scum, of course, which is the entire reason respectable people should be allowed them.

I'm not sure if any of you have seen this http://www.eightriverssecurity.co.uk/product/farb-gel-defence-spray/

I bought my Mrs a couple a few years ago, one for bag and one for car.

No unlawful ingredients so legal in the UK.

Lets face it even getting water splashed in your eyes can hurt I'm sure a gel with red dye in it will too, it could buy the couple of seconds needed to either run/finish the job.

Edit:

Edited by Muddy Funker

• 6 years later...

Came across this discussion 7 years too late but to answer the question as to who would rightly consider owning a sword stick if they are law abiding citizens let me make my case. 

I consider everybody in this discussion to be able bodied. I am not!

I am 68 years of age with a failed knee replacement. I can walk but require a stick just in case my knee gives way so not able to run away from anybody who wishes me harm. To add to my worries I also have Pulmonary Fibrosis so all in all almost the perfect punter to mug!

I would love to own a sword stick just for the piece of mind that I could defend myself whilst other ‘law abiding’ citizens stand around taking videos with their phones instead of getting stuck in to help protect a vulnerable person. 

If society decided to uphold the law and assist in stopping crime I might change my mind but until then….I would love to own a sword stick!!