Welshman's missed opportunity was an Englishman's gain

lloydi73

Well, where to start....

Whilst out lamping last Wednesday night, we happened upon a poor sheep stuck head first into square mesh fence held firmly in place by the horns. Head down and **** up and could only back up!! Every Welsh mans dream.....Anyway, not to dwell heavily on this thought and as it turned out, it was also to benefit us English. We called farmer who promptly dispatched the shepherd to deal with said beast, but also added it was a fortuitous phone call as one of his other farms was plagued by rooks, crows and jackdaws and would I be interested.....Well, no sooner was the phone down I was round to said farm to look...A new permission and a 4th farm for me from this particular farmer, so must be doing something right!! I must say some dues to good old J Dog here as it was his first introduction to said farmer that got me my first farm with this farmer, and boy has he got some beautiful Cotswold land, I think I am the luckiest newbie shooter and envy at the clay pigeon club on a Sunday lol.

It was 20:00 on Wednesday night when we got there, I knew not mucg would be around, but I just wanted to see the lay of the land for footpaths, roads general safety features etc in the daylight. I thought I'd go back Thursday in daytime for a recon,.....well, my patience paid off as for once the farmer was not embellishing numbers, there must have been 200 on electricity wires, on the Cotswolds stone walls and in the fields...

Well, I phoned my mate, and Saturday morning we were up.....we set up the hide in a lovely weed bed secreted behind a Cotswold stone wall, so the only visible part of the hide was the top 5 inches...As soon as we were in the hide, I'd say 2 mins a crow came and hovered within 15 feet, bang, he got a full pattern 12g off my mate. That dispatched crow went straight on to the flapper to our right.post-69518-0-64904900-1500466637_thumb.jpg

Well, I knew how wiley crows etc can be, but the flapper just drew them in, they were oblivious to us only 20 feet away......

The day was finished with 108 mixture of Crows, Jackdaws, Rooks, one happy farmer and an ecstatic pair of shooters on new ground....

I'm trying to upload final picture but it's not working aghhhhhhhhh......

Anyway, hope you enjoy the scenery we had from the hide, and the sport was tremendous....

ATB

Lloydi

post-69518-0-58822100-1500466513_thumb.jpg

post-69518-0-27179400-1500467597_thumb.jpg

I don't think I have given those fields up yet.

Farmers will give you more credit for shooting corvids than they do for shooting pigeons.

You've lost em now, lol, get down here quick before I clear them all out for you....see you soon buddy....

Good result despite the appalling offence at the start of the post.....I would not have been at all happy as it sounds like kissing the sheep would have been difficult with the fence in the way :lol::lol::lol::lol:

LOL......thanks Mike, glad you took it in the light hearted spirit it was meant.... :good::good::good::yahoo:

"Farmers will give you more credit for shooting corvids than they do for shooting pigeons. "

Why IS that?
Mine says he has a "huge crow problem" but seems oblivious to the huge flock of ferals that fly in and out of his feed shed all day scoffing and ####### on his grain pile...

Mike