RFD Transfer - taking payments

Lloyd90

If you were buying a gun from someone far away who wasn't a trade seller, how would you prefer to pay them?

Is their an option to pay the money to the RFD who arranges the transfer and then just takes their fee and passes it onto the seller?

I believe paypal etc are not willing to cover gun payments and their affiliated products. I have done bank transfers before in the past for smaller payments but once your taking hundreds into thousands of pounds its a big chunk of change.

That's where trust comes in, I'd prefer to collect and look a gun over but have bought guns over £1500 blind. Rfd won't want to get involved in the payment side I doubt, unless he's making money, and then he has to pay vat on the profit.

As for making sure it's posted, would you post a gun of that value before you'd got the money??? I wouldn't!!

Make the agreement before the transaction. Either make the payment when they send you confirmation the gun has been sent from their end (tracking number etc), or when the gun arrives at your RFD.

At the end of the day you should have already sent your FAC to them to fill in before the gun is sent so there's already the element of that trust there. You could even say that you'll send the payment once your FAC gets back to you as that guarantees your FAC will actually be returned promptly and you'll have that persons details (the address you had to send your FAC to and their FAC details filled in on your ticket) so they can be contacted should anything go awry.

Make the agreement before the transaction. Either make the payment when they send you confirmation the gun has been sent from their end (tracking number etc), or when the gun arrives at your RFD.

At the end of the day you should have already sent your FAC to them to fill in before the gun is sent so there's already the element of that trust there. You could even say that you'll send the payment once your FAC gets back to you as that guarantees your FAC will actually be returned promptly and you'll have that persons details (the address you had to send your FAC to and their FAC details filled in on your ticket) so they can be contacted should anything go awry.

Ah, last time I bought a gun and had it sent down it was from a trade seller on here.

They sent it to my local RFD and the dealer put it all on my certificate. No sending it off.

God I hope that's been done right.

Ah, last time I bought a gun and had it sent down it was from a trade seller on here.

They sent it to my local RFD and the dealer put it all on my certificate. No sending it off.

God I hope that's been done right.

That was done the unofficial but most commonly done way your fine. Many are more worried about sending the SGC or FAC to a stranger private or shop than they are a £1000 for some reason.

I bought a shotgun it was sent to my local gun shop after I had a look at it I phoned the wife she transferred the money seller phoned shop and shop owner filled in my certificate before handing over the gun

Was that a private sale though or from another gun shop?

I doubt there are many private sellers who would send a gun anywhere before any money was in the bank.

I think some worry can be alleviated by getting a picture of the sellers fac, then when you have their bank details see if everything matches up. If they won't send a copy showing name and address ect then I'd question whether to send them money.