driving test tomoro

young airgunner

What i found ( i know i past about 33 years ago :D ) But ive also passed what was a PSV is if you do make a cockup try not to go to bits just say that was wrong and do it again eg you hit the curb when reversing stop drive forwards and do it again dont sit there looking stupid whaiting for the examiner to tell you what to do. Good luck.

The main things they are looking for is confidence, taking control of situations.

In my experiences, the common reasons for failing are at number 1 ..... driving to slowly, not driving at speeds suitible for the roads and conditions, plenty of fails result from pupils thinking, i will show him/her how safe i am and drive everywhere at 20 mph!, number 2, not using mirrors correctly and timing of mirrors! ( M-S-P-S-L )

Just take a deep breath, and go for it, its over before you know it, best of British to you.

Best tip I can give you is make everything you do obvious.

I know you know your checking your rear view often enough, but did he notice that flick of your eyes?

Be confident, your instructor knows best and he's put you in for it, so you are ready, you can do it.

Best of luck young man!

Good luck mate

In mine I had 4 attempts at reversing round a corner, each time I managed it perfectly half way and then a car would come so had to put round and wait till they'd gone and start again, when I finally managed to get round without anything coming I was about a meter from the curb and he just said drive on, I spent the rest of the test thinking I'd failed but I hadn't, he said it was because I didn't let the other cars put me off and did the safe thing of getting out of their way. Moral of this rather long winded paragraph is not to panic, be confident and drive safely and there's no reason to think you won't pass. Oh and with mirrors make sure your examiner can tell you're using the mirrors with a slight movement of the head not just moving your eyes that way he can't say you weren't using your mirrors properly.

Just relax and have a good chat with the guy. There's nothing to be gained from worrying, and it's not like you can't have another go if you fail is it? I spent most of my test telling the examiner how to bump off his neighbours conifer hedge that he didn't like, and I passed first time. Just try not to run anyone over or hit anything. :lol: You'll be fine buddy don't worry :yes: