squirrel control

Mice!

11 minutes ago, Morkin said:

Had a look at another area on the farm which I shot last year, and stayed a little while , which produced 1 male but I missed the second , the pellet hit a stick, but that stick has gone ๐Ÿ‘, THANKS FOR READING๐Ÿค”

Donโ€™t you just hate it when that happens!๐Ÿ‘

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sciurus said:

Donโ€™t you just hate it when that happens!๐Ÿ‘

Yes I thought what's happening here ,ย  but when I got out of the hide I could see ,it had just took the bark off, it a wet area with alot of willow and it just springs up every where. O well lessons learnt๐Ÿช“๐Ÿช“ ๐Ÿช“๐Ÿ‘

Hello all, went to get some wood this afternoon and checked my new experiment, when I went the other day I left( new to me) a peanut, wheat , nut oil mix in a jam jar secured to a branch for something different , when I got there is was empty so I stopped for a while, poured myself a drink 20 minutes I'd had my first and with in 45 I'd had 3 and they all went to the jar to see if it had been filled, so back tomorrow to fill it and hope they keep comming๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

AM I GLAD ๐Ÿ‘ I went to this feeder in the willow trees , I shot another three this afternoon and didn't have to wait long for them, that's 7 from that feeder now so I've filled the peanut butter, wheat feeder up and see if they keep comming.

THANKS FOR READING ๐Ÿคน

Bit of a late report as I was out last saturday morning at the same wood, took the low route as I could see nothing was on my feeder so when I got near I was able to peek over the bank at the pheasant feeder,nothing there either. Got settled in and I could see the peanut level in my feeder had gone down, waited two hours and apart from one grey away in the trees saw nothing,thought I would peek over the bank before I left and there was a grey at the pheasant feeder,went back five yards for my gun and peeked over the bank again,damn no sign of it, waited and finally saw it a few yards away five feet up a tree looking at me,could just get a clear shot and down she went,a good clean humane kill. So even though my feeder has been up weeks and the level goes down, I've never even seen a grey on it, might stand more of a chance now as with the end of the pheasant seaon their feeder has been taken away.

1 hour ago, ratchers said:

So even though my feeder has been up weeks and the level goes down, I've never even seen a grey on it, might stand more of a chance now as with the end of the pheasant seaon their feeder has been taken away.

Can't go wrong with a trail camera ๐Ÿ‘ then you'll know what's going on.ย 

I went agin this afternoon in my willows hide and the peanut butter wheat mix jar was empty agin , I just couldn't believe it , I took a roof to go on my hide as the sun shine through on me sometimes, so I thought I'd stay for a while and managed another 2 , so that feeder has been very productive this week.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคน๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

2 hours ago, Morkin said:

I went agin this afternoon in my willows hide and the peanut butter wheat mix jar was empty agin , I just couldn't believe it , I took a roof to go on my hide as the sun shine through on me sometimes, so I thought I'd stay for a while and managed another 2 , so that feeder has been very productive this week.๐Ÿค”๐Ÿคน๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Nicely done, keep at them ๐Ÿ‘

56 minutes ago, Mice! said:

I was leaving the wood around 11pm last night, big feeder was almost empty after two weeks, so it's being used but not many on it I'd imagine,ย  I'll be checking the others on my way home this afternoon.ย 

I'm looking forward to this๐Ÿ‘, get that R10 whacking and stacking, Boi ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

6 hours ago, Morkin said:

I'm looking forward to this๐Ÿ‘, get that R10 whacking and stacking, Boi ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Gonna be busy, or should be.ย 

Screenshot_20230217-155324_Gallery.jpg.66db256940053bce1f4551c20b92a9d0.jpg

Screenshot_20230217-155312_Gallery.jpg.a09c45b6762038569cb2d14979f8c961.jpg

Two angles of the feeders, both just crumbs after two weeks, plenty of birds around,ย  and obviously a few squirrels.ย 

3 minutes ago, hatter said:

Thatโ€™s proper dedication mate. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

Cheers, It's only a ten minute walk from the car, that's the problem with the shifts I'm on, early starts and late finishes and I knew I'd need to top up if I wanted to shoot this week, which I don๐Ÿ˜

Went to the Willows agin this afternoon to top up feeder , my peanut butter wheat feeder jar was empty so I new some still about so I had an hour sitting in the hide, and yes it was productive , ended up with 3 , 2 males 1 Female , so while they keep comming I'll keep shootan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜œ

1 hour ago, Morkin said:

Went to the Willows agin this afternoon to top up feeder , my peanut butter wheat feeder jar was empty so I new some still about so I had an hour sitting in the hide, and yes it was productive , ended up with 3 , 2 males 1 Female , so while they keep comming I'll keep shootan ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜œ

Your definitely pulling them in, and your not even having to get up early ๐Ÿ‘

Activity around my feeders since last summers bumper acorn and beech masts season has been very slow probably managed 30 and thatโ€™s being optimistic, Iโ€™d have thought after all the rain etc weโ€™ve had the acorns would have rotted away , but after a roost shoot Saturday a few pigeons crops were full of acorns ! Is it possible squirrels are still feeding on them ?ย 

6 hours ago, sam triple said:

Activity around my feeders since last summers bumper acorn and beech masts season has been very slow probably managed 30 and thatโ€™s being optimistic, Iโ€™d have thought after all the rain etc weโ€™ve had the acorns would have rotted away , but after a roost shoot Saturday a few pigeons crops were full of acorns ! Is it possible squirrels are still feeding on them ?ย 

It wouldn't surprise me, I was seeing loads when I filled up last week all sprouting new shoots,