Electrician number 4s

Hi, I've got a few belt fulls of old Eley Alphamax # 4s in my cartridge safe, wanting to use them at some point ( just because) Anyone ever used said shells or similar for corvids? My shoots are only pigeons or corvids, no geese or ducks unfortunately. Would use them in my Franchi semi automatic. Any thoughts?

I think I originally got them for foxes. I had a permission yonks ago protecting a small holding where chickens were taking regular attacks. Also got a few SSGs left over from a past life, serious stuff for Mr Fox. Just 12 pellets if I remember correctly. Love the smell of the old cartridges; don't know what was different about them, probably something less environmental.

• 2 weeks later...

Very amusing I'm sure ? Lots of hare's on my perms, all the farmers say leave them alone, which to be honest is fine with me, I love seeing them. Shot them in my very much younger days, for food. Just made a batch of pate with pigeon meat, bacon, herbs, tons of garlic, finished with brandy and crème fraishe. Give a lump with a nice bottle of red to each of my farmers for Christmas.

Edited by getthegat
Added words