favourite tipple

flash

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll try anything once, I'll do it again if I like it :blink:

I usually get cases off virgin wines, they almost give the stuff away when your a regular customer. That or threshers 342' at the moment is worth a snifter :lol:

Spent two nights near Barcelona this week. What was the beer on offer in the local bars? Heineken. My experience of the place: Concrete, sunny, crime ridden **** hole. Don't bother.

Almost all German beer :blink:, Stella from it's real home in Leuven :lol:, English real ale :lol:.

I drink it :lol: And I like it n all :)

John you could save a load of money and buy bottles of Bulmers and print off trendy Magners cider labels with your PC! :lol::lol:

They're the same drink Stuart, Bulmers is the Irish and original name while Magners is the international name :blink:

thats what i thought john. having lived in Ireland myself until 5 yrs ago, i found out that there is an english bulmers. so we have bulmers in ireland, bulmers in england, and the international irish bulmers ,magners.

thats what i thought john. having lived in Ireland myself until 5 yrs ago, i found out that there is an english bulmers. so we have bulmers in ireland, bulmers in england, and the international irish bulmers ,magners.

My point is...

Over here you pay about 3 or 4 quid for pint of that stuff with ice in it and the bars are full of people drinking it, whereas you probably couldn't give Bulmers away.

If you like cider try Westons or one of the other decent ones from you local supermarket - I don't like bitter much when it is hot so either drink summer ales or cider.

Considering we're a bit of a countryside forum here does no-one brew their own?

I do a few gallons of elderberry wine and depending on whats on at the local pick your own, a gallon of rasberry or gooseberry wine every year. Sloe gin's not the only thing you can get out of the hedgerows!

Caol Ila, Lagavulin, Ardbeg, Laphroig at a push.

Another Old Rosie fan here also. Any real ale/ cider fans in Bedfordshire must pay a visit to the Engineers Arms in Henlow, over 20 guest ales and ciders at all times.